Sign in to follow this  
aviz1

How to secure CCTV & DVR from unauthorised Access

Hello

What tools and setup should i do.

So no one, even my internet service provider can not access my CCTV or DVR.

Would appreciate your assistance, so can set networking / ports setup accordingly.

I will be accessing my DVR remotely also.. So i do not want anyone else to easily access.. Is there any way

I have not bought DVR or Cameras yet... do recommend me the models / brand i should go with.. that would help meet my security needs too

Thanks.

A router that supports VPN server is the best way. Some brands/models have built in VPN servers. Encrypted connection, no port forwarding needed.

A VPN service like hidemyarse is different and won't work.

A router that supports VPN server is the best way. Some brands/models have built in VPN servers. Encrypted connection, no port forwarding needed.

A VPN service like hidemyarse is different and won't work.

Can you elaborate - how does a router that supports a VPN server going to secure a DVR from unauthorized access? I'm still new to this.

One of the ways to avoid having to forward your IP Camera ports and opening to the public internet is by using VPN (Virtual Private Network). If you are connected to your own VPN in your home network, you’ll be able to access the IP Cameras just by using local address securely. This also means your traffic between your device and your camera is encrypted.

https://www.codingepiphany.com/2015/02/10/easy-secure-home-ip-camera-access-with-your-own-vpn/