Sign in to follow this  
jonesysnr

Viewing through a browser

Hi

I have inherited an unbranded DVR, with no software although I can view it if I plug in a monitor.

Is there away I can browse to it On the internal network, I have tried putting the IP address in the url bar but nothing happens.

First: Try to ping the DVR IP adress. - Is it in the same range as your computer? (first three numbers of IP-adress match, like 192.168.1.***)

Next: You might need to modify or even disable firewall on your computer to let through whatever ports your DVR requires.

Putting the DVR IP into "trusted sites" might also help.

Third: Try different web browsers. Some DVRs work on all, some require activeX, which is mostly IE supported, and then you need to allow activeX connections in the security settings of the browser.

Most CCTV equipment requires you to, once connected, download and install a small component for your web browser to communicate properly.

Hi,

I have the same sort of issue with a Everfocus ECOR264 which is connected to my local

network and I can connect to it through the browser but it notifies me I need active x installed.

The only browser that properly supports active x is IE which I cant install on windows 10 that I

know of.

Does anyone know a work round this.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have the same sort of issue with a Everfocus ECOR264 which is connected to my local

network and I can connect to it through the browser but it notifies me I need active x installed.

The only browser that properly supports active x is IE which I cant install on windows 10 that I

know of.

Does anyone know a work round this.

Thanks.

Try Chrome browser with IE tab.

Aha, I also had this question, and putting my question on the internet, finally I find that my answer is in jkdcsecurity.com secyrity equipment

, this is so amazing, and I wish you goog luck.