5aq1b

Accessing IP Camera Web Interface

Hi,

Couple of things. Just want to know if I've set up my IP addressing correctly first of all. I have Cat6 cabling throughout the house. I have 3 WBox PoE IP Cams going to a Wbox PoE NVR. The NVR is connected to patch panel.

The main router is 192.168.0.1.

The DHCP range set up from 192.168.0.200 - 254.

The NVR is 192.168.0.100.

The IP cams are 192.168.0.5, .6 and .7

I can access my NVR perfectly fine from internal and external. However if I want to connect to my camera directly to perform maintenance, I have to physically connect to the spare ethernet port on the NVR and assign myself a static address. This is a bit of a pain as it's not in the most convenient of places.

Is there any way I can access my cameras without having to physically attend my network cabinet? I have tried assigning myself a static address but changing my default gateway to be that of the NVR however that doesn't work either.

Also, whenever I use the WBox device search tool - nothing ever appears, whether I'm connected to the NVR physically or not. Any suggestions?

Hi,

Couple of things. Just want to know if I've set up my IP addressing correctly first of all. I have Cat6 cabling throughout the house. I have 3 WBox PoE IP Cams going to a Wbox PoE NVR. The NVR is connected to patch panel.

The main router is 192.168.0.1.

The DHCP range set up from 192.168.0.200 - 254.

The NVR is 192.168.0.100.

The IP cams are 192.168.0.5, .6 and .7

I can access my NVR perfectly fine from internal and external. However if I want to connect to my camera directly to perform maintenance, I have to physically connect to the spare ethernet port on the NVR and assign myself a static address. This is a bit of a pain as it's not in the most convenient of places.

Is there any way I can access my cameras without having to physically attend my network cabinet? I have tried assigning myself a static address but changing my default gateway to be that of the NVR however that doesn't work either.

Also, whenever I use the WBox device search tool - nothing ever appears, whether I'm connected to the NVR physically or not. Any suggestions?

I think all the default gatesways need to be the same. Also what version of IE are you using and have you installed the plugin that is needed

Hello. Even though the camera IP addresses show the same type of local IP address as what the router passes out, it is likely that the camera IP addresses are provided by the NVR's internal switch putting them on a separate local network. If it were me, I would experiment by connecting a laptop to the NVR's switched network and see if the cameras appear on the utility software, otherwise, you may want to connect the cameras to your router and service them there.