giyad

Extending a network and also getting a Lorex DVR to work

I have a small restaurant with a basement, and its very difficult for me to run cable down to the basement. I already have one cat5 cable I ran down there when we first constructed the space, but I use that for my DVR. I currently extend my wireless signal to the basement with a wireless extender, but its weak as its repeating a weak signal to begin with (thick ceiling).

My current setup:

• A modem wired to an EA6350 Linksys router on the first floor
    A cable running to the basement connected to the DVR
    A linksys wireless extender connected wirelessly to the EA6350

What I want to do:

Introduce a switch, or what I have is another EA6350 already and would like to use that. This would in turn broadcast a wireless signal for my basement at full strength, and also have a wired connection to the DVR. Lorex will not support me because of the interruption, apparently it has to be connected to the router that is connected directly to the modem.

So, as you can tell I attempted this, but the DVR would not broadcast its signal to my phone anymore. Is there something i'm doing wrong, or is this actually not possible for some reason? I don't get why adding another device between that network would effect it. Any advice?