Sign in to follow this  
mmpaa786

Unable to access DVR remotely

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help with my support query.

I'm having problems accessing my CCTV system remotely.

I am using DDNS service which was originally set up via a remote assistant from the company i bought DVR system from.

I am using www.noip.com for my DDNS access for my home CCTV system, it has been working great for around 6 months and only just recently stopped working. I can no longer view my CCTV remotely.

I checked the DVR settings and the URL on the DVR is www.no-ip.com but when you access the URL on a computer it automatically directs to www.noip.com so not sure if this is meant to be like this, I am unable to change this and can only select whatever options are already available on the DVR. When i test the connection it states "unknown error" and in the network settings, it shows DDNS "unconnected". I have double checked the username, domain name and password and this is all correct. The DVR shows connected to the network. I have also logged into noip.com and checked that the hostname is active and ensured external IP address is correct.

My router settings haven't been changed and remain untouched.

Not sure what is causing the DVR to show DDNS unconnected? any advice on this would be appreciated.

I can attach screen grabs of the DVR settings if required.

Many thanks in advance,

Maz

Hi. I would do a quick test first and use your external ip along with the port number of your dvr and see if it works.

As your ddns was setup via 3rd party the account might of been deleted

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your reply.

If I understood you correctly, I typed my external IP address on Internet Explorer and it came up with "This page cant be displayed"

External IP is 82.24.247.248

also tried the IP address followed by : and Port number but fails to display page.

Hi. Are you using app or just looking to get pc remote view ?

What dvr do you have and which apps are you using

Looks like your on virgin media