grahambkk

WebDVR "Error on page"

Hi everyone

I have a CCTV camera that other PCs can see from their various Internet connections but when I try to go to my site on IE7 on each of my 3 PCs the WebDVR software starts but will not display the image.

I get an error message "Error on Page" referencing to line 221 of the Kodicom script. For some reason the DVRStart command will not work.

Could it be blocked by anti-spyware or firewall on my machines? I use Zone Alarm.

Thanks for any help

Graham

Thanks for the replies - I removed Zone Alrm but this did not help. Now I have gone to IE Tools>Advanced>Reset

This reset all settings back to the factory defualts and it seems now to work.

I have tried it on WEBDVR for another user and it seems OK but tomorrow I will turn on my own CCTV system in my shop and test definitively.

Graham

maybe also create a new user with Admin rights .. login with that and then try it again ..

Goto Run, MSCONFIG

Uncheck everything from the start up .. (remember them and put them back if it doesnt fix the problem or you need to put them back on start up), Apply, Restart, login that new user and try again.

Also, it may just be the script is not compatible with IE7.

See if you can "downgrade" to IE6 .. never used IE7 to any real degree so dont know if they give you that option or not.

Personally I would always use the client software before going near a web browser.

Hi Rory

Well, I can now see my webcam on my laptop which has IE7. I reinstalled Zone alarm and it still works.

The way I got it to work was to go to the Control Panel and select Firewall and disengage it. The Windows Firewall must have been blocking the software. Strangely, when I then reactivated the Firewall it did not block the program....?

Windows is not completely logical...

I still cannot get my webcam with WebDVR on my desktop which runs IE6. I removed Zone Alarm and disengaged the Windows Firewall but it did not do the trick for that PC. However, it seems the problem with that computer is that despite asking me to install the Kodicom Active X control, Windows will NOT actually install it (i.e. when I look at Active X controls installed on my laptop the Kodicom one is there but not when I look at TOOLS>Manage Add-Ons for the Desktop)

How can I force Windows to install the Active X control?

Graham

Goto the Security Tab, click on Custom, the first Section is ActiveX Controls, make any that are disabled to Prompt.

OR, just goto the Trusted Sites and add that IP (http://myip) as a Trusted site, then it should just load it without any questions.

I have same issue which is not resolve yet "but" I do notice this only happen if the PC have visited two CCTV Website with same site id. e.g 100-001 and same password e.g. 1234.

If the PC never visit more than one site with same site id, it is ok. That show why you can use it on other PC.

Question is: How to get rid of old setting that have kept the last visit.

I am still searching.

i know this is a old post but this seems to be the type of dvr im dealing with.. does anyone know if this dvr has a android or iphone app client?

thanks