rory

Photo Gallery Forum

I'll consider that once this forum is moved off of shared hosting. Pictures kill your bandwidth allowance much quicker than text.

well you can host the images on my site if you want. Actrually im in the middle of a gallery script, perhaps when im finished i could just set up something that you can link to, a special folder for this CCTV forum and members.

sounds like a bloody good idea.

note for my it consultancy business i have 3 servers. would quite happily have this one one of them . no bandwith restrients. this forum has allready proved invaluble in setting up my cctv business.

You can have the attachment mod for phpbb configured so it FTPs them to another site. I personally haven't done it but it's in the config files.

For you Thomas and Rory I have a stupid easy script for it as well, all you gotta do is FTP the images into the correct folder. It navigates using the folder names and auto generates thumbnails. You do have to have the abilty to upload though. Works great for the staff on my site.

me ..i can do anything in ASP or VB, but i dont auth the forum, would have to speak to the admin regarding that.

Thanks

Rory

I just mean the really easy to implement script relies on the server for security, it has no provisions for uploading or emailing. Only people intrusted with FTP access could add images to it, you wouldn't do it for every forum member.

EDIT: I see, when I said you above I meant Larry.

The new design is coming and it will have a gallery. It will be PhotoPost or Smartors; probably Photopost though.

I already have the new forum logo created. I am trying to save money on the skin by doing somethings myself and modifying an existing one.

Here is a peek at the new forum logo

cctv_04.png

Edited by Guest

i like the old logo

I do too, but its not as "catchy" as the new one, and there is more and more people checking out the forums daily. If you give them anything, it needs to be visual appeal, and this forum lacks it bad...

I guess seeing the whole picture including forum, logo, colors, etc will make the difference and will offer a lot more insight.

Yeah I have to agree the old Logo looks better. The camera was watching the 2 "C's", which are protected. Whereas on the new logo the camera is pointing towards the "V", which appears to have been stolen.

What camera where you using there?

Sorry. I know it is a lot of work.

I had someone design it. I don't have any design skillz . At the place where I got it, one of the designers said they liked the old one too. We'll see how it all looks together, we can always go back to the old one.

I can build themes as well, I just don't enjoy the little button images.

I think you should have more then one! I found my users a 60/40 split between black background and light text vs. light bg and dark text. Usually I'll put out 2 one light and the other dark.

My vote:

Nightvision theme! Dark background and lime green text baby throw some white highlights in every once in a while.