funnyfung

how can i access the private forum

i wanna access the private forum

is it any requirement for that?

Private forum for registered CCTV Dealers, Manufacturers and Installers. Contact the moderator with your credentials for entry.

Note: You must have a minimum of 25 posts before seeking entry.

Also keep in mind I was here for well over a year and had well over 100 posts before I got in.

I also provided state and federal documentation and was rejected, it's more about the quantitiy and quality of your posts rather then a minimum post count.

I had send several private messeges to moderators, but I never got a reply and I still don't have access.

Send it again. I took a period off from the forums and didn't reply to some of the PMs sent to me.

it really sucks having to wait, especially when you have serious questions when your just getting started. I have questions that need to be answered such as mark-up on equipment, labor costs, etc. if only I could view these forums, I may not need to ask these questions, the answers are probably there! Whilest I am asking what is the usual percentage mark up on equipment? Is it unethical to mark up 100%? Just curious?

Hey Thomas, I sent you a PM too, never got a reply...

I'll check on it and see about your access.

Also keep in mind I was here for well over a year and had well over 100 posts before I got in.

I also provided state and federal documentation and was rejected, it's more about the quantitiy and quality of your posts rather then a minimum post count.

In all honesty, I don't really have time to track down state licensing agencies. Particularly since it's not a function of my real life job. I can check posts in my off hours.

And you're right. Quality of posts count for quite a bit. Quantity helps too if it's on topic. Spamming the boards, astroturfing or any advertising violation also count very negatively against you. I work for a manufacturer. I do my best to not even hint at crossing the line for advertising. As such, I tend to come down like a ton of bricks on those that do cross the line. Some of you may have noted that I can be more then a bit sarcastic.

Some of you may have noted that I can be more then a bit sarcastic.

Sarcastic? You?? Noooooooooo, never, not at ALL!!

You forgot bitter and just plain mean. Also your request may take a little while....WoTLK comes out tonight

You forgot bitter and just plain mean. Also your request may take a little while....WoTLK comes out tonight

Bitter?? Noooo... cynical and jaded, maybe, but certainly not bitter?!

Er... WoTLK?

Well, Thomas seems to be MIA the past few months... and I still don't have access

Hmm. Well if it's any consolation, there haven't been any posts there in the past few months.

Have you PM'd Larry?