CCTV_Suppliers

Slow connection to the forum

What has to be done to fix the site?

It must be moved to a better web hosting service. The 1&1 hosting service puts too many websites on each server. While the traffic to the CCTV forum is relatively low, it must compete with all the other websites that share the same server.

Best,

Christopher

The issues with the forums errors and response times have been addressed with the host.

I believe most of the error messages have been fixed and the "slowness" should be handled soon if not corrected already.

Thanks for your patience.

Larry, errors still pup up here and there and it is not as annoying as how much slower this site has become.. It take me roughly 10+ seconds to log in and then every time I visit any page within the forum, it average the same if not worse... I mean, it works, but seems that it is getting worse... and feels like we are using dial up connection...

I am sure with your persistency with your hosting company, you should be able to fix this and I am sure that you already addressed it... but it is the same and if not worse...

Just trying to help...

I am sure with your persistency with your hosting company, you should be able to fix this ...

Nope, that won't do it. 1&1 puts too many websites on each server, and no amount of persistence from a customer is going to change their website-to-server ratio business model. If you run a forum and you want to provide good performance, you have to be prepared to move to a new hosting service. Hosting services that provide good performance today may let it slide in a couple of years, so unless you can afford a dedicated server, you may have to move every few years. Either that, or suffer the poor performance when it declines.

Best,

Christopher

I am going to have to expedite moving to a dedicated server. This site really does not hog resources but I can't think of any other options. Prior to the move I will run a test conversion of the forum to PhpBB3. Then, I have to hire a designer to convert this skin to the new platform as well. That may take about a month as designers are usually undependable.

1and1 will not look into the problem any further because as long as they can pull the site up in a browser; it is working in their opinion.

Plus, I will start on adding some of the features suggested.

Thanks for your patience.