larry

[Official] Where's the Private Forums Thread

As most regulars can tell, the private forums are not visible. They are still here, they are just hidden now.

To see the Private Forums you now have to be a member of a Group. These are the current groups:

Installers

Integrators

CCTV Retailers

Manufacturers

Manufacturers Reps

Distributors

Dealers

Pro DIY'er

I may add more groups but these will do for now, unless I left off something very obvious; then I'll have to ask the designer to make a new rank image.

If you were previously granted entry into the Private Forums, just respond to this thread with the group you want to be slotted under and I will verify that your name was on the list - then add you to your group. It may take a few days so please be patient.

New members will have to wait until I get a good process together to verify credentials.

As most regulars can tell, the private forums are not visible. They are still here, they are just hidden now.

To see the Private Forums you now have to be a member of a Group. These are the current groups:

Installers

Integrators

CCTV Retailers

Manufacturers

Manufacturers Reps

Distributors

Dealers

Pro DIY'er

I may add more groups but these will do for now, unless I left off something very obvious; then I'll have to ask the designer to make a new rank image.

If you were previously granted entry into the Private Forums, just respond to this thread with the group you want to be slotted

I had access to Dealers section

Please check and grant access

Thanks

ak357, you have to pick a group you would like to be slotted under.

Larry, I did

Dealers Group and Distributors please

Thanks

Please add me back to the Integrators section, I guess... The expansion of groups seems like a little much to allow enough people to talk between each other, though.... We could fall into Installers, and Manufacturers, to some extent, too.... how much will be available between groups?

All these groups do is give you a fancy badge (check out thewireguys for example) and gives you the permissions needed to enter the private forums - that's all. Nothing else changes for you.

The reasoning is: since you are supposed to be in the profession to enter the private area you, or you employer, should fall within one of these groups. It helps identify what segment you are in within the CCTV industry.

@ak357 you can only pick one group which you can change just by letting me know.

@ak357 you can only pick one group which you can change just by letting me know.

Ok,

then Dealers group please

Thanks

Hi Larry,

Can you put me in the Manufacturer group?

i am very excited to become a member of it now.

Is it possible to be a member of different group at the same time?