rory

Great Idea

Finally someone has come through with this great idea!

I have looked everywhere and there really is no general CCTV forum's out there, until now. Google's newsgroups are limited.

Maybe there should be a NEW RELEASE thread here also, for info found on new CCTV equipment released. Could be useful to us system designers, and newbies also. There are some web sites that display new items but you need to scroll though lines and lines of other security equipment to see relavant to CCTV.

Ill put a link to this forum on my site, ASAP.

Rory

Thanks Rory

As I said before, I could have used a site like this to put my system together. Maybe somebody could have warned me about those Sony domes I got ( I just mailed another one back for service today ).

The trick is getting people here though. I am playing around with getting the site indexed on the search engines now. Hopefully I will have luck with that.

Thanks Rory

As I said before, I could have used a site like this to put my system together. Maybe somebody could have warned me about those Sony domes I got ( I just mailed another one back for service today ).

The trick is getting people here though. I am playing around with getting the site indexed on the search engines now. Hopefully I will have luck with that.

i put a link on my site bahamassecurity.com so that should help some. Should help to get your link on more and more web sites also, other forums, etc.

I cant beleive yopu guys pay that much for your gear!!

That is crazy!!!!

I could drop ship it to you at that price,,, wow talk about expensive!!

Thats cheap, after that I have to pay 35% import duty, plus international shipping!

Hey, different economies, different dollars

PS. My brother is moving from the bahamas to australia in a few months (family live somewhere I cant remember where)

Actually Terry Ainsworth from Kodicom Australia is already importing several items into the U.S. along with the Kodicom boards. He is doing quite well from what I've heard so you might want to look into doing something similar.

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:57 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually Terry Ainsworth from Kodicom Australia is already importing several items into the U.S. along with the Kodicom boards. He is doing quite well from what I've heard so you might want to look into doing something similar.

rory Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:00 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

Yes but Terry operates of about 150% margin and the gear is not as good as what I already import!

What type of dome was it? Indoor or PTZ?

It is an indoor. Here is the link:

http://www.cctvproducts.com/sonelssminfi.html

I get about a year out of them then the picture starts to turn yellow then about a month after that it goes black.

Ok, ive seen them on sonys web site. i was considering using them at one time, ill stay clear for right now. Sounds like could have been a lens problem, or maybe power issue. Were you using the supplied power supply? Though that should have given out earlier than a year.

Ive had a couple cameras go on me also, but they went quick, didnt last more than a month. maybe the domes you had were just lemons ..?

I went to replace an ademco alarm control once, and the new one i replaced it for was bad, and the 2nd one i replaced it was didnt work either , both new out of the box. 3rd one worked

As for cameras, Kalatel's GBC ceiling wedge mount cameras, i had to send 2 back that had bad power boards from day one. Unfortunately it takes about 2 months here in the Bahamas to get any product back from being fixed by a manufacturer, so far with a few different brands. The distributor never simply replaces them unfortunately, and shipping and customs make it longer. Now i take the bad camera apart and try to fix it myself first, last 2 times wires were just loose inside, maybe from being hit or something. ..