HELPINEEDHELP

SOMETHING WRONG HERE !!!!.PLEASE READ

AS a user of cctv kit and equipment , very interested in it, both its use and operation not to mention used on my own property and being a electrical tradesman giving me that insight and interest.

I am really disheartened by the lack of replies to not only my own request for help and assistance but many many others asking for help on here for many different reasons.

It can be a few reasons, perhaps the expertise is just not on here?, perhaps the reluctance to just help others? or if someone like myself is asking for password assistance and no offers of any help thinking its stolen etc.

Not everything is obvious and conclusion jumping is natural but personally, I do have a very good reason for acquiring a DVR with no passwords and very legitimate, granted many may not be....

but ......until you know otherwise.....

we asking for help and assistance for many technical questions I see posted on here, just hoping that they are some genuine real experts , WHO !!! can help others..on request.

Its a place of conversation and technical discussion so lets use it for all, I hope its not just a

fishwives forum with bias against for "newbies" or "non installers" or "possible stolen" .

I, along with others joining or existing are asking for help or is just the fact there are not many on here with good responsive technical qualifications than can help, i hope not...

So stop being arses and if you can help, help! its the right thing to do and not just for me but all those who just aren't as good as you.

yours a concerned member.

lets see your responses ?

Edited by Guest

Wow, um... okay.

There's one very important thing you need to realize here, right off the top: everyone posting and answering questions here is doing so AS VOLUNTEERS, ON THEIR OWN TIME.

This is not a fully-staffed professional help desk; this is an assortment of people who work or just dabble in the industry, checking in when they have the time, answering questions when or IF they can, out of the goodness of their hearts.

So waltzing in here and in only your second post, accusing other participants of being "reluctant to help" and "lacking in expertise" is really not a good way to endear yourself to the people you would seek help from. If we were "reluctant to help", we wouldn't be here in the first place.

Think of how YOU would feel, if you volunteered to help someone with something (say, painting their house, or fixing their car, or moving some furniture)... taking time out of your day, simply out of the goodness of your heart... and then they chew you out because you're not doing it fast enough, or in a manner they like, or in some other way not up to their standards. How inspired would you be to keep helping them?

So, you want to know why some questions go unanswered? Well, there are several possible reasons... not the least of which is, maybe nobody HAS an answer. In your case, it just may be that nobody else here knows anything about Honeywell DVRs.

Since most people don't sit here on the forum all day, every day, but simply check in a couple times a week, or as their time permits, it's also possible that nobody has seen your post before. When you log in once a week, hit the "New Posts" link, and get a dozen or two threads to look at, it's very easy to miss some... or to start with a couple others and then not have time to get to the rest (again, VOLUNTEERS here, on THEIR OWN time!)

Sometimes people simply don't give enough information with their questions. This is not necessarily the case with your other post, but it IS a common problem. When someone comes in and asks, "my camera doesn't work, what's wrong?", well... there's not much that can be said to that without asking a TON of follow-up questions... and again, since everyone here is a volunteer with lives outside this forum, it's sometimes just too much effort to try to extract the needed information to make a proper diagnosis... and so those posts get passed over for something that CAN be answered.

Realize too, that the members here are from all over the world. That means a full range of different time zones. It's quite possible that, at the time of day you're posting, the majority of other users are at work... or having dinner... or in bed asleep... or taking their dogs for a morning walk. Personally, right now, it's 4:18AM where I am, and I just got home from a late-night job removing cameras before a site renovation. Normally I'd be sleeping right now.

I'm sure others here can think of some other reasons why posts sometimes go unanswered. I don't think you'll find any who disagree with the ones I've outlined above. Certainly, insulting people is not a good way to encourage them to help you.

If you spent any time reading this forum, you'd know that, perhaps aside from a select few participants, there is no "bias against newbies and non installers". We understand, we were all newbies and non-installers once, too. In fact, the people who run the forum recently created additional areas specifically for "residential" or home users and DIY (do-it-yourself) installers.

Anyway, that's my little rant. I'm very tired and I'm going to sleep now. If I hadn't spent all this time explaining to you how things work around here, I might have had time to actually look at your other post, despite not knowing anything about Honeywell DVRs myself... but you see, my free time is finite. So now your other question will just have to wait.

One last word of advice: next time, a simple "bump" of the original post is a much better way to help it get noticed... and asking nicely, rather than "being an arse" and accusing and insulting the people you want help from, is a lot more likely to get you that help in a timely fashion.

Cheers!

Edit: oh yeah, "So stop being arses and if you can help, help!"?? Really?? You know, that goes both ways - you could try helping first, before giving other people $#!t about not helping you. This forum is here to provide an EXCHANGE of information... NOT just to be YOUR private support line whenever you need it.

Wow. Just.... wow.

I'm going to bed now before I REALLY get into ripping you a new one.

irony indeed in fact i take on board all your points and then some and fully appreciate ALL the time facts, time zones etc etc ...all that went with out saying for me as I do know how forums work and indeed all that use all over the world.

I did waltz in here expecting some help, granted with no time frame imposed, nor from clocked in professionals at all, I assumed most or larger extent to be just users both pro and diy etc ...

yes my second post! there will be third or fourth, sorry you lumbered in at 4.00am after a job, GET to bed! .

Endearing one is a aim, but asking for help then watching not only my request but so many get missed , READ ! yes read, but no assistance.

I also thought the answer might not be there straight away, but guessed someone might from all over the world have a clue.

I know as with all forums there are not folk sitting there waiting to pounce to give fast answers silly to even say that, but i thought reading a hec of a lot of sections and problems well before putting my request and joining in, I hoped any response would/ may be soon.

My concern comes when looking at the list of new topics , seeing how many read then no replies draw my concern , hence my comments.

I do not want, desire , indeed offend anyone but perhaps before you had "your rant" read my request and offered help if pos, but you choose to write war and peace to chastise me for my comments, then ironically stated not enough time to "even " look at my question, you did of course !!! but deflected the whole thing back to me for "accusing" lads on here.

NO... just asking why not?

I too have limited time to many private things and thought perhaps some generous helpful soul might help me out on a forum, still do as it happens but thought I may just "bump" start activity somehow.

Thanks, I hope you slept well and now you read my reply, can you help?

You know just how frustrating it is when you can't get answers in both cyber and real world,please excuse my bluntness but like all who need help, I need it soon not next year.

Wow. Just.... wow.

I'm going to bed now before I REALLY get into ripping you a new one

chill!!! is a forum, less of the caps!....

wow.... just wow....Really... " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

I do like responses like these, a tad over the top but guess justified in the situation.

and honest! heart felt and genuine, more please but trying throwing some answers in to my main question

Seems like this forum should be the last resort for some of the more complicated problems. After you have worked with the mfg tech support. Also have you gotten any training? If you are in the buisiness, any business you need to educate yourself as much as is possible. If you purchased the equipment from a dealer they should be willing and able to walk you through most all problems.

I have had several posts that have gone unanswered but it was really an oddball problem or when I looked a little closer I should have seen it in the manual in the first place.

HELLO,

I have contacted Honeywell and as a last resort will send it back to them for re-programming by them, but due to time restraints, distance to take to Honeywell CENTRE or even agents to relay to them, thought that someone of expertise may be able to direct me to resetting or getting into unit saving obviously money, time and effort.

reading posts on here and other forums, being forever hopeful that a few jumper links in the right place a whiz with my wand! and hey presto its reset... hopeful, but doubtful.

I have studied both my manuals for my machines which are exactly the same but 4 cams instead of 16 , the web, several forums and just really hoped that someone might just put forward a solution and still do...

I have an electrical / electronics background of many many years, time served and several years at collage, worked in business for my self since 21 building up a electrical business combining to a constructional business to date, thats a total of 25 years, aquired many trade skills and experiance ( to a few not many people skills!) and successful, but not all on my own , with help from good working guys not unlike all on here.

but i need assistance and not demand it, but I have asked and saw how several recent topics are read and no responses made, yes possibly just no answered, poss other reasons, but as a previous comment made "several reasons why" and I agree , but like all I like to see activity, and production on things ...

asking a question is one of things in my mind... needs answering and being in business its my position to get answers .... and thats what i do... rattle a few feathers ... so ... its not personal

its business and information.

We all need help at times, this forum is a way of means... and i will exploit the situation to get answers... hopefully with help of lads on here.

if you know= answer

if you don't know = don't answer

if you read+ perhaps you don't know directly, but be constructive, apply and possibly direct to someone who can.

the above formula applies to all questions and requests.not just mine.

the 1st reply to this topic, provoked response, good, bad or indifferent, but just then he became more confrontational than myself....??? chill that man!!!

quoted as a "exchange " yes I agree and a place to get info, chat, pass time of etc..

all i asked was a bit of help... not forth coming...so I pushed a bit,

irony, more comments on the grief than the solution, can we concentrate on the solution please chaps and stop taking all to heart.

i dont mean to offend anyone, if I have I will apologize on request.

Wow. Just.... wow.

wow.... just wow....Really... " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

I do like responses like these, a tad over the top but guess justified in the situation.

and honest! heart felt and genuine, more please but trying throwing some answers in to my main question

i have seen your post as many others have. and like others yes we know how to do a full factory reset on honeywell systems. but i dont think any cctv forum should give this info out and at least not to the world. many companys in the cctv industry protect there unit with an engineers password this protects us so as no one can play with the operating system side. you have a problem why not post were you are and see if you have a engineer who could fix your problem for a small fee. or pick up the phone and give honeywell the serial number of your dvr they will then send you a reset code. also has a small fee.

But you do need to take a chill pill. you will get all the help you need on this forum all the guys you will get to know in time ...............anyway have a good sleep everthing will feel better tomorrow.

I saw your original post but I know next to nothing of Honeywell equipment. I may have touch 2 pieces of HW equipment in the past 5 years??

Does this mean I'm an arse hole?

I shoulda Googled that manual for you...I'd really hate to loose my "genuine real expert" title! My CUSTOMERS are really impressed by that... That was a close one!

I saw your original post but I know next to nothing of Honeywell equipment. I may have touch 2 pieces of HW equipment in the past 5 years??

Does this mean I'm an arse hole?

I shoulda Googled that manual for you...I'd really hate to loose my "genuine real expert" title! My CUSTOMERS are really impressed by that... That was a close one!

bpzle. we are all arse holes thats why we all get along.

1-Welcome to the forum

2-Keeping it short and to the point helps

3-Not many [here] use Honeywell DVRs

4-Your thread was started at the beginning of the weekend, some that know the answer may not get back to it until during the week.

We cant tell you how to reset something If we never used it or cant even get the manual. Honeywell (AKA Ademco Video) is one of those companies that think the have the best gear in the world and that they can charge out the backside for it, and only sell to a select few - ironically many without much Internet presence. If you notice on well known distributor and retailer sites you will find panasonic and tons of others, but not Honeywell - this alone shows you that there is not going to be a great chance of support for their products outside of the manufacturer themselves, at least definitely not much on an online forum such as this. That may be a plus for some who like to keep their clients from knowing too much, or another way to make extra money, but whatever the reason they are just not that common.

Bottom line, we may read a post but that does not mean we can help, or as mentioned have the time to type out a reply - right now I just stopped in for a break and have to go back out in the hot tropical summer sun, and ive had 3 hours sleep and was working all weekend day and night outside on camera jobs - so this is, well just a quick reply.

Personally I skim through posts now, if it really sticks out then I try to assist, but only if there is the most remote chance that I can help, and if others have already replied then in most cases I just go onto the next thread, there ARE lots of members here with vast knowledge, also many are on different time lines, and cant always expect a response on a weekend either - Im a moderator also so Im just reading to verify there is no spam, even then I cant view all the threads and posts.

Anyway, wish you luck in your quest

HELLO ALL,

I'M SORRY, REALLY.

I have really got to say sorry, not that I meant to upset folk, but by christ what a constructive lot we can be !!!!!

Even the comments now have assisted me so thank you all for that and the folks that felt the need to reply.

Its apparent some know how to assist me further and if you email me with your advice then its not dissemination of information that anyone can be concerned about.

I do understand the concerns mentioned and would willing supply any information directly to anyone that can genuinely help me in this matter.

see we can get on !!! just need a push !

ok so theres no arseholes on here,! but I had to check.

so can you help?

Wow. Just.... wow.

i have seen your post as many others have. and like others yes we know how to do a full factory reset on honeywell systems. but i dont think any cctv forum should give this info out and at least not to the world. many companys in the cctv industry protect there unit with an engineers password this protects us so as no one can play with the operating system side. you have a problem why not post were you are and see if you have a engineer who could fix your problem for a small fee. or pick up the phone and give honeywell the serial number of your dvr they will then send you a reset code. also has a small fee.

But you do need to take a chill pill. you will get all the help you need on this forum all the guys you will get to know in time ...............anyway have a good sleep everthing will feel better tomorrow.

I agree completely with tomcctv. Even if somebody has that info on this forum it shouldn't be blasted all over the net Honeywell is a well know mfg with lots of units in the field and that being posted on here in a general area will jeopardize all those units.

If it is a Honeywell Fusion you may want to talk to some people with some Toshiba experience since Toshiba DVR's and the Honeywell Fusion are made by the same OEM.

I agree completely with tomcctv. Even if somebody has that info on this forum it shouldn't be blasted all over the net Honeywell is a well know mfg with lots of units in the field and that being posted on here in a general area will jeopardize all those units.

hi,

interesting concern about the dvr's in the field !!! yes I agree blasting out the reset operation on the internet through a forum by someone who knows how to would be plain stupid and dumb.

but ....

thinking those on here are bright , intelligent and with wit, will hopefully have contacted me directly, which perhaps, I should have requested that and do so now,(tad late), but i didn't think I would really need to have.

Its a forum, I asked for a solution,some help, I did not want to single handedly undermine world peace with cracking all Honeywell DVR's in the world, god forbid.

Ye, its a sense thing to do with hold publically, and with all assistance required on sensitive info, common sense says "get in touch directly" I didn't think at all for one minute it would be exposed on the forum,

So if there is a bright chap out there willing to assist me directly and can assist me, drop me an email, I will not disseminate that valued information... but just use in on my own units, have three honeywell units it will be a god send if I ever have senior moments and forget my other passwords i can refer to this solution for 3 units i already have in my possession(all hrdp)

This is one person asking for help to solve an issue, not a international cctv thief!

I do understand the sensitivity, well before I asked hence on my opening statement will supply details upon request.

P10-09-10_1153editedcctvscreen.jpg

my remote viewer from home 2 pics taken out slight editing for obvious reasons

a honeywell hrdp

the b&w is a 15 year old wireless still working well after all years in use at 300 yards!!!!

hello? is there any body here?

or as the trainee jet pilot was instructed by the instructor, "on my command trainee, in the even of major malfunction and we have to escape the aircraft, I will say , eject, eject,eject, and if at that point trainee you say pardon or excuse me, you will be talking to yourself!!!!"

get a bit of that feeling here!!!

is there anyone on this forum that is capable and willing to assist me, please.

I sent you an email in response to this issue on Saturday. If you did not receive that email, please send me an email or a PM and I will help you clear this up.

I didnt read through all of the long arse comments that were posted on this thread but if you havent done this already, try contacting Honeywell Security. We have dealt with alot of their products and found their support to be pretty helpful.

thanks done that already but so far away from a regional office and no definitive time or cost given ,thought i'd resume trying myself, if all fails will succumb to their repair system..

but thanks for that advice, i had tried the route before coming on here.

it was the lack of " how long will it take" being answered that was really unhelpful and when asked how much, no answer could be given, leaving me exposed with a bill of potentially un-economical amount.

thought i'd try you guys on here and perhaps still get the chance on here someone can put me on to sorting it out,but i know if all fails its a long long round trip to a honeywell agent. and a time scale of unknown value makes me want to keep trying myself, its not even the cost , its the time they say they need or might need it thats elusive, read in some sites that its been known to be months and then expensive and then not perfectly repaired or reprogrammed..

Well everyone, it turns out I was unable to help anyway, but I hope that I pointed our eager friend in the right direction. Hopefully he'll be a little more patient in the future when asking for help.

I thank anyone capable of helping me and rightly so, if they can or at least offered,

but a cheap shot there, danger e...

"[b]Hopefully he'll be a little more patient in the future when asking for help.[/b]

I thanked you for the little help you offered but requested it be in confidence, genuine guy I thought.

shame theres not a cartoon for a pat on the back.

or a knife in the back!

help by all means but don't ask for applause, then have a go!

i will soon just thought it might get cracked with the level of expertise on here,

danger e, kindly offered and appeared to help but i do not understand the rebuke after he offered to help.. of which I thanked him for graciously.

strange carry on.!