ptzguy

Help and advice needed with mumbo-jumbo wotsit type thing...

Hello to all.

Can I first of all just say what a fantastic forum this is and I'm very happy to be a part of it.

Well done to all admin and regular visitors(veterans!) for some invaluable, extremely useful advice and tips with regards to the CCTV/security industry.

Having worked with the installation of biometrics, access control and CCTV myself for a number of years now I very much hope that I can be, and have been, an assistance to those who need it or are seeking guidance.

However...

Forum users, old and new, if you require genuine and unbiased advice, help or guidance with any aspect of this industry, myself, admin and the veterans will be only too happy to assist you...

We do request that when you post a topic, you try to get to the point as clearly and accurately, with as much detail as possible. Read your post a couple of times before you submit, ask yourself 'would they know what I'm remotely talking about'? is it possible to make a drawing or upload a photo or two??

The vast majority of you do go into detail at great length(which is great!), but there are the odd few I've seen lately, and in the archives, that have 2000 reads and 0 replies!

I keep reading them thinking 'what the hell are they talking about?' - not in a negative way, just trying to see their frame of mind/point of view, as I said before I'm only too happy to help if it's in plain english.

I'm not quoting anybody's posts, to spare their humiliation, but if you could just spend a couple of minutes beforehand thinking about what you're going to write!

G'luck,

PTZGuy