alpine0000

The phpBB mobile web interface for CCTV forum -- BAD!!

I've been using my ipad to surf these forums for a while, and it has worked great.

A few days ago, though, I came here and all the sudden the mobile version of phpBB loads, and there is no option to view the full site and disable this mobile version (The mobile version is TERRIBLE by the way -- it lacks SO much). I have tried everything on my ipad, from clearing the cache/history/cookies, to rebooting. I thought it was something I had clicked, but nothing seems to work to get me away from this mobile version, so I think you guys probably just made a change recently

Please offer an option for users to disable the mobile version (usually there is a link at the bottom of a mobile page that says "disable mobile" or "view full site", but this is not the case with CCTV forum), or get rid of it all together.

Thanks

Yeah, I am still a dinosaur when it comes to the mobile stuff. I have never sent a text message and I don't have a data plan on my limited cell phone. So, I must admit, I have never seen the mobile style in action.

I assume the newer sell phones, like iPhone etc, can just surf regular sites like on a laptop.

I will disable the style for now because, to be honest, nobody has mentioned they would like to see one installed - at least not recently.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks!

If you want to have a mobile browser option, we should figure out a way to allow the user to disable it if they want

just setup a subfolder like /m or /mobile and have that turn on the mobile theme? or something like m.cctvforum.com i hate typing out long words .. yes mobile is long on some tiny awkward cell or tablet keyboard :D