Sign in to follow this  
thekobyring

Anybody suggest an excellent brand of cctv?

I am going to start an internet shop business real soon. But before I start operating, I want to install a cctv system first with at least 2 security cameras to monitor the area. There have been so many cases of hold-ups in internet shops so I want the area to be monitored. I want dome cameras so that nobody will be able to tell where the cameras are pointing at. That’s the only thing I want so can anybody suggest an excellent brand of cctv? I don’t know anything about it so if you think I am making a terrible choice, or if I need something better than a dome camera, please do tell me.

If you want to hide the location where the lens is pointing a good choise would be a dome camera. Make sure the camera you get is concealed inside of the dome case before you buy it. There are many different types of these cameras which can make buying a CCTV system stressfull. I would at least get a 4 channel DVR so if you want to install more cameras in the future you can. Now you need to think what kind of resolution you need or want, which is going to relect on your budget. My advise to you is DONT CUT CORNERS! Spend the money on nice cameras I cant tell you how many times I have replaced cameras that my customers have bought that are cheap and low resolution. A few brand names that are good are Pelco and Apex. They are great companies and there cameras come with a warantee. Good Luck!!!

Spencer

If you want to hide the location where the lens is pointing a good choise would be a dome camera. Make sure the camera you get is concealed inside of the dome case before you buy it. There are many different types of these cameras which can make buying a CCTV system stressfull. I would at least get a 4 channel DVR so if you want to install more cameras in the future you can. Now you need to think what kind of resolution you need or want, which is going to relect on your budget. My advise to you is DONT CUT CORNERS! Spend the money on nice cameras I cant tell you how many times I have replaced cameras that my customers have bought that are cheap and low resolution. A few brand names that are good are Pelco and Apex. They are great companies and there cameras come with a warantee. Good Luck!!!

Spencer

quite clueless myself as to which brands are "reputable". I'll have a look into Pelco and Apex.