GECAMGUY

Hello from GE Security

Hello everyone.

My name is Jason Spielfogel and I'm the Product Manager for Fixed Cameras and Monitors for GE Security.

I just learned about this form and will visit it from time-to-time to gather customer feedback, answer questions etc.

I tend to be pretty busy so I can't guarantee the frequency with which I visit this site, but feel free to PM me or post on this forum with questions and comments as often as you can.

I may also use this forum as a gathering ground for customers to beta test product, but we'll take that part one step at a time.

Take Care,

Jason Spielfogel

GE Security

Hi Jason, welcome, im sure we will have some questions over time ..

Keep your eyes open on the security camera forum .. my questions would moslty be on new models or upgrades to older ones, and you may find me PMing you later on those ..

thanks

Rory

Great to have you here Jason. Maybe you can get GE to upgrade their security website, it's difficult to use and not that informative!

Yes, the old GE Surveillance site was much easier to navigate and get info ... dont know what happened there ..?

Heh, best not to get me started on the website. Internally it's the bane of our entire product management group and would make a GREAT Dilbert cartoon series.

In short, somebody in corporate had this "Great" idea to rebuild our product database in a way we such that we could have "on the fly" webpages based on a single product database, that would also be used for product catalogs, spec sheets, etc.

This spurned a year-long "taxonomy" project where all the PMs spent weeks and weeks defining every field and value for every product we make. Unfortunately, the contracted firm didn't understand a single thing about the Security Industry and screwed up much of the database transfer process, then we switched contractors and we are where we are today.

From what I understand there's a new sheriff in town now and they're trying to get it all cleaned up.

I know your a camera guy, but any rumor of a GE Digia in 8~9 channel flavor?

Tony,

I think the first priority is making the unit Remote Operable.

One of our concerns with adding channels to the Digia is that's not what the product was designed for. Specifically, it was designed for "Mom and Pop" shops, not more commercial-size installations. That's what our StoreSafe and DVMRe lines are for and we want minimal crossover between two lines so we don't cannabalize one for the other.

That being said, I know the Product Manager for Digia is looking at a 9 or possibly 16 channel unit, but I can't speak to the status of product development for that yet.

Sorry to discuss DVRs on a camera forum, but hey, you're the customer and if that's the info you want, that's the info you get

Best,

GECAMGUY

I notice an old posting from Jason at GE. If you have any imput to the dome division, tell those in command they have lost more customers than they gained. We have had nothing but problems with the Kalatel Domes. Having sent them back several times to no avail. The thing that got me fed up, is several went out several days after they were installed. When I got them back, they were not the new domes I purchased, but refurbished as they were plainly maked by GE. The serial numbers were different. Now don't tell me it was our fault. I happen to be the oldest installer of CCTV in the world, that's right in the world along with my company and we know this business inside and out.

Dear Sir,

I am the Product Manager for cameras, but not PTZ domes. So please specify if you mean fixed camera domes or our PTZ line of domes.

Have you contacted our tech support and customer support departments regarding your installation issues? If not that should be your first step.

If you would like to send me a PM with the specific model(s) and specific issues you've had, I'll be glad to forward it internally to the appropriate product manager and tech support folks so that you receive a prompt reply.

Sincerely,

Jason Spielfogel

GE Security

I was referring to PTZ domes. Sorry I didn't mention that. We have sent them back for service several times and they just can't take care of them.One only lasted I day. We had to replace all of them to satisfy the customer. The first problems were the focus and iris, which they said was a common cause at the time. I can be reached at

john@vidicomcctv.com Thanks much for your instant answer.