Yep. I get those messages every now and then also.

I don't know if it has anyting to do with a slow server. I know this site is hosted on a slow server out of Germany.

Yep. That is where I traced it back to.

I host with the same company and my server is in Germany also.

Before I made a post I noticed multiple flags indicating several new posts. After I made my post and clicked on the CCTV graphic to take my back to the main page and hit the refresh button as I normally do the flags were gone.

This has happened before, but it seems to be happening more often in recent weeks.

Anybody else experiencing this problem?

It just did it too me again. And I don't have any kind of SQL server running. Anyone else experiencing this or am I the lucky one tonight.

Working fine here in so cal... except that the forum now appears officially "dealer's only" free (would have posted comment elsewhere but can't... it's gone).

Hey CollinR... you're alright! Anyone with a desktop nearly as populated as mine is okay with me

Geez! I didn't even notice that. The whole Dealer Section is missing.

That is really weird. No announcement of any kind?

It's prob just disabled temporarily. Admin(s) prob making changes.

IMO, I would switch phpBB to vBulletin. We did that and would never go back. It is not free, but there are a ton of useful feature in vBulletin compared to the free open source phpBB.

This can happen on shared hosting for a variety of reasons, nothing to do with the software attempting to connect to the DB.

It's prob just disabled temporarily. Admin(s) prob making changes.

IMO, I would switch phpBB to vBulletin. We did that and would never go back. It is not free, but there are a ton of useful feature in vBulletin compared to the free open source phpBB.

Riight.

I've done both too, I'll keep my OS community support. Makes me feel bad not releasing my snippets, VB hasn't ever offered to pay for them. Even if they include it in a new release, thats just chitty.

Dealer Section is not visible to me. How many others don't see it?

Googles Web Accelerator program seems to be the cause of the new posts flags not working. I removed it from my computer and now the flags appear to be working again. The program didn't speed up anything for me anyway.

I've got the pictures, just no access to the Running a Security Business folder.

I didn't realise that was now restricted access.

As they say in these parts, 'if your names not down, you ain't commin in...'

I made that restricted due to the topics being discussed in there. They were getting very propreitary. You should have access though - I'll check on that noe.