Sign in to follow this  
grainger06

Boss Spying On Me?

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time posting on this site; please forgive me if I am posting this question in an incorrect area. I am going to give some background of my situation first - please skip to the bottom for my questions if I am giving irrelevant information.

Here is my situation:

I have a job that requires me to live on the property I manage. My boss is very OCD and needs control of everything. When I first started this job, he made some strange comments that made me question how he was getting his information. For example: He rarely ever asks me about my personal life, but one time I was talking on the land line and made plans with my girlfriend to go out that night - later asked if I was going out with my girlfriend. Not an absolute red flag, but it made me wonder if he was listening to my conversations. After a couple of other similar coincidences, I stopped using the land line for personal phone calls and other things that I didn't want him to know.

Shortly after I stopped using the land line, he bought me a cell phone range extender to install in my house - cell phone service is poor where I live and I used to have to go outside to make phone calls. Now I am having the same feeling that he is listening to me again. For example: I was having a conversation with my father in my living room on my cell about a surgery he was going to have, and the next day my boss commented on my father's problems. I told a couple of people I work with about his surgery, but I can't think of any reason for that information to get back to him through casual conversation.

My question:

Does it sound like I am being paranoid? What sort of techniques would be used to spy on me under these conditions? Where would bugs likely be placed? What is a good bug sweeper that isn't too expensive (I don't anticipate having to use it more than once, but I want to be confident in my privacy)?

I appreciate your comments.

Thank you!

that's a bad feeling to have I'm sure, especially while living onsite.

I doubt the cell phone extender would do it but landlines can easily be recorded.

Wireless?? You could get a cheap RF scanner - they're more like toys but it might be a good start.

Next, video surveillance of your own - a voice activated recorder might be placed in your quarters so a hidden camera might help there. It's probably pretty boring to listen to all the crap that would pick up.

Ethernet would probably make it easier to spy---cameras often have (crappy?) microphones built in - I'm just starting to mess with that.

I have 2 RF scanners, one has a definite use, the other is more of a toy.

I might get something like this if I was in your situation, or I might just lay off the blow

This one's cheaper than mine but it says it has RF strength meter along with a freq counter so it's probably a little more than a toy.

http://www.goodswish.com/tm/-p-32559.html

Informer or spy (in quotation marks) in the office are people who look, even noting the mistakes of others, both peers and subordinates, and then he reported to superiors. Informants in this office are usually two kinds, namely people who become informants in office as asked by his own superior and voluntary informants.