digitalconfusion

Surveillance video indexing HELP!

Hey all, I received a request to index some 250+hrs of surveillance video after it has been extracted from the system. I would think a simple motion detection index marker would do the trick, IF it even exists. The video is 99% static building video with only sun rises and sets, but if a person walked through a few frames and an index mark can be created, perfect! I would simply like to avoid reviewing ALL of this video for motion if there is a software that can do the work for me that I'm unaware of.

I will give SafeMotion a try. It's description appears to be all I need. I will post back on progress.

I am most appreciative of you taking the time to share this article with me. Thank you very much!

Is there a way to get safemotion to name each file based upon the time stamp of the video? It currently puts them in sequential order but not in a manner you can read the file name and know where it is in the video (indexing). You must open each file one by one to see the time stamp. Can a switch be used to have the program pull data via the time stamp?