Sign in to follow this  
Lizard1

GPS Tracker Detected in my vehicle, what now?

I know this is mostly a CCTV forum but perhaps there is a tech on here who can provide advice.

In my Car, while using a Belkin FM transmitter connected to my MP3 Player to receive a signal to my FM radio, I am receiving a signal interference that sounds exactly like i am receiving a gsm text on my cell phone. It happens exactly every 10 minutes and can be heard on the speakers. The sound is exactly the same as when I am receiving a GSM text/signal on my cell phone. At first i thought i was receiving a text on my cell but this was not the case.

I decided to take a road trip using an RF signal detector connected to a headset. With the battery removed from my cell, the RF detector lights up every 10 minutes with audio and indicates the signal is emitting from my dash area exactly every 10 minutes.

I suspect there is a GPS tracker in my dash, any suggestions?? Thank you.

You have not detected anything like you stat on the subject.

You just "suspect" there is a tracker. Suggestions? Look for it.

You have not detected anything like you stat on the subject.

You just "suspect" there is a tracker. Suggestions? Look for it.

The RF signal detector lights up every 10 minutes like clockwork, the signal is exactly the same as if a GSM text was being sent or received for the the exact same duration.

I'm convinced a GPS tracker is in the dash and will be removing the dash soon, I guess I'm mostly curious if any others have heard of or experienced similar 10 minute interval GSM RF signals emitting from the Dash of their car and what they did about it.

Thanks.

Hi ... Is your car old or new or company car

You need to give history of car

And also in some cases in the states a car on finance or lease may have tracker

Or owner before you had tracker

It's my privately owned car, not a fleet car, not financed, leased, company car, not a previous fleet car, not financed, leased, company car.

I'm the 2nd owner, it could be that the previous owner had a gps tracker installed??? I'm not sure If that's the case, i would think it would not be still active. Removing the dash is going to be a challenge but I may have to resort to that just out of curiosity. The RF signal meter that emits every 10 minutes is stronger near the drivers side dash.

It's my privately owned car, not a fleet car, not financed, leased, company car, not a previous fleet car, not financed, leased, company car.

I'm the 2nd owner, it could be that the previous owner had a gps tracker installed??? I'm not sure If that's the case, i would think it would not be still active. Removing the dash is going to be a challenge but I may have to resort to that just out of curiosity. The RF signal meter that emits every 10 minutes is stronger near the drivers side dash.

Picture of your RF signal detector please ?

You have not listed your type of car but

Lexus

Jaguar

Range Rover

Toyota

Dodge

GM

BMW

All now have tracker .... CALL IT VEHICAL MONITORING

ALL ABOVE have apps owners can use to monitor fuel service history or even a bulb out....... Open / lock / remote start

Think removing your dash is a bit dramatic....... Just take car to your local dealer.

I believe GM's onstar uses a cellular connection. Could something like onstar cause it?

Picture of your RF signal detector please ?

Vehicle is 2005 Ford Escape, Too old for manufacturers tracking to be installed, and I don't have Onstar.

RF Detector is this one.

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/product/rf+bug+detector.do?sortby=bestSellers&from=fn