Sign in to follow this  
DaleTX

Drone Detection Systems

I hate the things and was wondering if anyone has any experience with some of the new detection systems that are out there? Some of them use multiple technologies such as RF monitoring and radar. Unless it's completely autonomous, there will be some sort of control signal.

Do not know but am waiting for the signal jammers to come out. If it happens to fall in your yard I guess it is no longer in controlled airspace anymore.

Should have looked first found 555,000 hits on google for drone jammers guess I am not the first to think of it

I don't believe the FCC considers it legal to jam any frequency, even on your own property - not that I agree with that. You'd probably have to buy it from China and definitely wouldn't have official support by any US company.

I am almost 100 % sure it would be illegal however how is the poor guy with the drone in little pieces going to prove it was jammed get a court order to search your property? Find the jammer and then prove it was what caused the "accident" anyway I would not do anything to anyone's toy drone. I think there will be some needed changes in the laws governing where these units can be deployed and what rights property owners have. With all the hype about hacking networks and such it seems not that much has been discussed about jamming wifi networks. Not knowing much about it one would think that a highpowered jammer could wipe all the channels on the common wifi networks and really cause some problems.

jamming is illegal. period, the end

the FCC is not funded by congress, for many years now. the FCC is funded by fines. they can fine you up to $10,000.

I don't hate drones that much.