Sign in to follow this  
MellowWeekly

Anyone used a DTS converter?

I have some audio files in 5.1 DTS, I want to convert DTS to MP3 for saving phone storage space. I searched on Google, too munch information about DTS converter to select a better one. So I write here for some suggestion! Any software you think is good or the method about selecting good DTS converter will be helpful to me.Thanks in advance!

http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/dts-converter.html

I have some audio files in 5.1 DTS, I want to convert DTS to MP3 for saving phone storage space. I searched on Google, too munch information about DTS converter to select a better one. So I write here for some suggestion! Any software you think is good or the method about selecting good DTS converter will be helpful to me.Thanks in advance!

http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/dts-converter.html

I did a cursory google search and found the perfect, or one of the perfect free open source software you can use to convert .dts to .mp3 or any other audio file formats. You can take a look at that software here:

http://taudioconverter.sourceforge.net/

Its called TAudio. I even liked what I read on that page that I downloaded a copy for my own use as well, so here is what you do:

1. You add the file or directory containing the files you wish to convert

2. on the bottom left where it says Settings Type, you change it from Presets to Codec from its pull down menu and then pick a codec you wish to convert to, in this case .mp3 or .aac

3. Next to Codec pull down menu where you elected .mp3 there is a tab next to it on the right section called Codec Options, I recommend to change from Variable bitrate to Constant Bitrate CBR and set bitrate to 128 kbps (cd quality) or greater if you like, the greater bitrate you pick, the most disk space you consume per .mp3 file, then click Close.

4. From the top left of the program's menus, click Start to start the conversion project.

The default save folder is:

C:\Users\\Documents\TAC\

This is evidenced by seeing it listed on the Output field on the almost lower left section of the program's screen.

To access the default folder, you go to Documents (My Documents) folder, then go to the TAC folder, there should be your converted audios.

* I have not tested the .dts to .mp3 conversion since I dont have any .dts files with me, but .dts conversion is listed on the developer's website, so I dont see why it shouldn't work.

By the way, the google search that led me to this software was:

dts to mp3 converter open source

Why would you waste time replying to a 6 month old spam post?

1. I didn't took a look at either the date or the poster's post count, all I did was read the post and answer it to the best I could.

2. And if OP post was a spam post, at least you could say I counteracted the spam by posting an excellent multi-codec freeware open source alternative to the paid for/shareware the OP might have been advertising on his link.