Sasquatch

Advice on Setup?

Going to put up two (2) Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I cameras and I am either looking at getting their 4 Poe NVR,but I also want to try Blue iris. I really don't don't what to do. I hear BI can be a resource hog,but I have tried the Demo and I kind of like it.

Not sure as to what the minimal specs would be for a build to run (BI) on the two cameras. There isn't any reason that I would need more than two cameras,so I'm thinking the resources wouldn't be as great as say running 4 or more.Am I wrong? Suggestions/advice is appreciated.Thanks

My experience with Blue Iris is limited but it only seems to be the larger systems that eat up a good deal of resources; smaller systems never caused me any issues.

Unless if there is a good reason, I would personally stay away from embedded systems with third party software (Blue Iris, etc.).

My Rule of thumb:

1. Get an IP camera with Onvif support.

2. Choose your embedded NVR that also has Onvif support (You are not bound to the limitations of having to purchase a NVR from one manufacture).

Analog SD just sucks monkey balls!

You can also check out Analog HD (HD-SDI or HD-CVI)

Good Luck

I would just buy the Hikvision NVR and use their IVMS-4200 software on your computer (or the android/iphone equiv.)

Keep it simple

If you want tons of options then BI is a great choice, you dont need a powerful system for only 2 cameras...Get a business class haswell i3 for about 200-250 refurbished and you are good to go for years. Dedicated NVR's are ok and reliable but dont have the options the BI does. You said you liked it so go for it.