treecutter

Advice needed

Hi

I have no experience of cctv systems. I want to install a home cctv system. I'm not sure if this will work.

I'm planning to connect 5 Dahua IP cameras to the NVR. I intend to have 2 POE switches located in 2 different locations. The switches would then be connected to the network via routers and powerline adaptors. I was then planning to connect the NVR to my router which is connected to a powerline adaptor.

3 cameras - 1 switch- router - powerline - powerline - router - NVR

2 cameras - 1 switch - router - powerline - [to above]

ie the 2 switches are connected to the NVR via the mains cables, powerline adaptors and a single CAT6 cable. No cameras plug into the NVR directly.

The 3 camera setup is in a garage and it is not feasible to run a CAT6 cable to the house.

The 2 camera system is again remote from where I want the NVR positioning.

I plan on record on motion with the cameras at 5fps.

Is this arrangement possible using the BONDWL® NVR3108-P 8 NVR? It is capable of 120fps @1080P.

Would I be better bypassing the router and connecting the NVR to a powerline adaptor?

The cameras I have in mind are the Dahua BW® IPC-HFW4300S and the Dahua IPC-HDBW4300E (both 3Mpixel IP POE)

I was thinking of a Purple WD 2Tb HDD.

Will the system work or am I completely off the mark?

Many thanks

Hi there...

I have no experience with this setup... but I would certainly appreciate knowing how it went for you.

I am new to this forum and I am researching a setup that would utilize the PowerLine adapters, but with POE injectors between the cameras and the PowerLine adapters.

What sort of NVR are you using?