powerup

Hik-Vision NVR integration to Milestone VMS

Hi All,

I Have a Hik-Vision NVR and was wondering if it was possible to integrate this with Milestone VMS.

only want to use the NVR for storage and as a switch. is this possible?

thanks in advance

It should be, Milestone should be able to access the NVR streams as if they were IP cameras. In fact, you could also make Milestone connect directly to the cameras, instead of the NVR (so both the NVR and Milestone would be connecting to each camera).

wow that is interesting, so in affect, I could have 2 x systems recording/overviewing the system.

can either locate the cameras via the NVR or bypass the NVR and locate the cameras through the local network?

thanks for the feedback

Sure you can! You can have both Milestone and a Hikvision NVR connect to the same cameras, and record in different manners.

If the cameras are connected directly to the NVR (if it is a NVR with integrated POE switch) you will need to jump through some hoops in order to connect directly to the cameras, but it can be done.

thanks you for the information "securame" I will try and integrate it with Milestone Xprotect Go to see if I can transition a change before purchasing Xprotect Essential

Hi Securame

I'm wondering which "hoops" you use to access directly the cameras trough the integrated POE switch from the NVR ?

I tried with a computer directly connected to the POE switch with a fixed IP address that is on the same "VLAN" than the cameras and it works locally. But not really useful.

Any advices ?