Sign in to follow this  
jaseyjasey

Camera & System Question

Hello,

First post, so be gentle

Looking for a basic home surveillance/camera system.... I am looking for one that has wired cameras AND the flexibility to have a wireless/battery operated camera as well (one of those motion triggered ones, would be fine). I have a spot or two, that are just not that convenient to run power to. Otherwise, the other 2-3 cameras are fine, as wired.

I know the wireless/battery ones have limitations, but there are a couple systems out there with these cameras, that have fair reviews. Again, it would just be for a single camera (maybe two, if the camera ends up working ok).

Looking for a setup that would accommodate at least 4 total cameras.

Thanks guys!

Hello,

First post, so be gentle

Looking for a basic home surveillance/camera system.... I am looking for one that has wired cameras AND the flexibility to have a wireless/battery operated camera as well (one of those motion triggered ones, would be fine). I have a spot or two, that are just not that convenient to run power to. Otherwise, the other 2-3 cameras are fine, as wired.

I know the wireless/battery ones have limitations, but there are a couple systems out there with these cameras, that have fair reviews. Again, it would just be for a single camera (maybe two, if the camera ends up working ok).

Thanks guys!

battery operated cameras are garbage. They cannot prerecord because they need to be triggered by their pir sensor to turn on. You also cannot integrate them into a wired system because they use proprietary technology...they will charge you a monthly fee as well. You will have to constantly change battery. It will be cheaper to hire someone to run the cable. Dont be pennywise and pound foolish.

Thanks for the response.

I can run the wire, but it's not that easy based on our hip roof and soffit area. The spot where I wanted to put the extra camera isn't a necessity, so I was just trying to come up with an easy solution.

If not, I will likely just skip that location all together.

Hello,

First post, so be gentle

Thanks guys!

battery operated cameras are garbage. They cannot prerecord because they need to be triggered by their pir sensor to turn on. You also cannot integrate them into a wired system because they use proprietary technology...they will charge you a monthly fee as well. You will have to constantly change battery. It will be cheaper to hire someone to run the cable. Dont be pennywise and pound foolish.