Sign in to follow this  
Jeroen1000

Please help me find a wireless PIR-sensor

Since my last question on how to use a PIR, I did a whole lot of searching and I can narrow down my question.

Can someone please tell me where I can find a wireless PIR-sensor which sends a signal to a base station which I can in turn wire to a DVR?

So to depict a clear picture:

- I'd like to place 3 wireless PIR-sensors

- the base station (= device that receives the signal from a PIR-sensor) should be able to identify which sensor has been triggered and wire that specific sensor's alarm output to an alarm input on a DVR

Does such a system exist?

Many thanks if you point me in the right direction.

Since my last question on how to use a PIR, I did a whole lot of searching and I can narrow down my question.

Can someone please tell me where I can find a wireless PIR-sensor which sends a signal to a base station which I can in turn wire to a DVR?

So to depict a clear picture:

- I'd like to place 3 wireless PIR-sensors

- the base station (= device that receives the signal from a PIR-sensor) should be able to identify which sensor has been triggered and wire that specific sensor's alarm output to an alarm input on a DVR

Does such a system exist?

Many thanks if you point me in the right direction.

Optex 2000

Just to share I found these: http://www.gjd.co.uk/products/wireless-detectors/opal-rfx-gjd018

Looks like good value for wireless PIR!

Hi. Yes they are very good sensors we use them all the time

9v battery keeps them going for well over a year

You also need the controller which you buy with the amount of zones you need

Got one controller for the 3 sensors. Downsides are the limited angel they can cover (only 75°) and they don't really have pet immunity besides a flat beam at 1 metre 50 height. Optex wireless was a tad too expensive unfortunately as they fix both issues.

Just to share I found these: http://www.gjd.co.uk/products/wireless-detectors/opal-rfx-gjd018

Looks like good value for wireless PIR!

Hi. Yes they are very good sensors we use them all the time

9v battery keeps them going for well over a year

You also need the controller which you buy with the amount of zones you need

Got one controller for the 3 sensors. Downsides are the limited angel they can cover (only 75°) and they don't really have pet immunity besides a flat beam at 1 metre 50 height. Optex wireless was a tad too expensive unfortunately as they fix both issues.

Hi lens pack is $5 .... Also pet ..... Turn lens upside down