Sign in to follow this  
Abdelazim

New System Design recommendations are needed

Hello,

This is my first post and I'm glad of this forum.

I need the experts advises and recommendations for designing a Coax system for a residential compound where i will need to run distances 500:600 meters for the cameras.

My thought:

For the electricity i will be using power adapters, I thought about running 220volt electricity on the siamese power cord and connecting adapters to the siamese where the camera reside.

For the coax is it okay to go 500 meters video transmission, if not, what is the solution?

I appreciate your ideas and recommendations for the best reliable and quality solution.

Thanks.

Hello,

This is my first post and I'm glad of this forum.

I need the experts advises and recommendations for designing a Coax system for a residential compound where i will need to run distances 500:600 meters for the cameras.

My thought:

For the electricity i will be using power adapters, I thought about running 220volt electricity on the siamese power cord and connecting adapters to the siamese where the camera reside.

For the coax is it okay to go 500 meters video transmission, if not, what is the solution?

I appreciate your ideas and recommendations for the best reliable and quality solution.

Thanks.

No. You can't put 240v down shotgun........ Look at running 24v down then reducing to 12v at camera.

Thanks tom for your response.

Why can't I run 240v and then down to 12v at the camera?

It's low voltage cable ......not ment for 240v plus run is to long and cable conductors are too small

Where are you located