Nailgun

No NVR IP cam system design

Hello,

I'd like to explore the idea of creating a multi-camera POE IP cam system that relies on storing footage directly on memory cards in each camera rather than using an NVR.

This is obviously possible, but I don't quite understand how one would view footage across multiple cameras at the same time.

Ideally, I'd be able to buy ONVIF-compatable cameras of different types and from different manufacturers and still have a unified view across all cameras that would allow me to move forward and backward in time, seeing what's happening on each camera for any given moment.

I wonder if this is possible without an NVR?

Oh, and P2P security for remote access is a must. I don't want to punch holes in my firewall.

Hello,

I'd like to explore the idea of creating a multi-camera POE IP cam system that relies on storing footage directly on memory cards in each camera rather than using an NVR.

This is obviously possible, but I don't quite understand how one would view footage across multiple cameras at the same time.

Ideally, I'd be able to buy ONVIF-compatable cameras of different types and from different manufacturers and still have a unified view across all cameras that would allow me to move forward and backward in time, seeing what's happening on each camera for any given moment.

I wonder if this is possible without an NVR?

Oh, and P2P security for remote access is a must. I don't want to punch holes in my firewall.

It is possible in two types of implementation.

1) Single Location :

You Can use VMS software to connect directly with Camera. Recording will happen on Camera memory card and view will be using VMS Smart client for all the camera. Recording can happen on VMS Recording Server or can happen on Camera memory card.

Using Smart client you can view all the cameras on a single display. No need of NVR.

2) Multi-location :

You will need to connect just cameras at all the branch or multi-location offices. centrally it will get connected with Matrix VMS solution.

No need of recorder at all branch offices Camera will be get connected using Push Technology to central location without any public IP at local location. Need only one public IP at central location on VMS Server.

All cameras can be viewed at local branch offices using Matrix Smart Client (stream will flow from Local to central and then will get steam on local smart client). From central location you can have command and control center for all camera viewing.

Solution By Matrix Comsec

Let us know if this solution is helpful to you also let us know a good contact no. to connect and we will help you in this regards