eganson

Need true 'real-time' video, audio, and PTZ over internet

Ok, here's our challenge... not sure if this is feasable? We need to create this setup:

>> Real-time video stream (1-4 channels; color) over internet, no latency,

resolution can be reduced since events to be recorded on-site and

may be retrieved later... (That will be a seperate internet address)

>> Real-time audio, but only 1 channel...

>> Fastest possible PTZ control & head (vicon vist25 or faster), without any

delay in response to control input. (not digital as in IP-cam, but actual

moving PTZ head on site)

>> Cost is of secondary concern

The operator needs to respond to and engage the target in real-time via broadband internet connection... hi-res video of the event stored on-site.

Critical features are the video stream and PTZ data/response; audio important but not as critical.

Not sure if this helps but the weakest link sounds like the internet speed between your two locations. I would get a PTP and then you can use standard equpment.

I have 3 100 meg fiber PTP and 1 10 meg internet. Below are some Houston Texas priceing.

10 Mbps Ethernet Connectivity Monthly 1 Year Rate $3000.00

10 Mbps Ethernet Connectivity Monthly 3 Year Rate $2500.00

10 Mbps Ethernet Connectivity Monthly 5 Year Rate $2000.00

100 Mbps Ethernet Connectivity Monthly 1 Year Rate $5000.00

100 Mbps Ethernet Connectivity Monthly 3 Year Rate $4400.00

100 Mbps Ethernet Connectivity Monthly 5 Year Rate $3500.00

1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet Connectivity Monthly 1 year Rate $7000.00

1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet Connectivity Monthly 3 Year Rate $6000.00

1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet Connectivity Monthly 5 Year Rate $5000.00

Thanks joe4, I wonder if I could do it within 1Mbps if the real-time video were 1 channel b&w at a lower resolution? Lower frame-rate maybe? Low quality audio, maybe some latency in the audio...? No audio...? Some of the business connections here have better download speeds, but still 1Mbps upload... our choices are DSL or Cable broadband, unless we change locations (kitsap county, Wa)

The PTZ needs to be able to target a person moving around within a 20'x24' room, so that would be the most critical... 'Z' fires paintballs at the person, so he'll move around and make sounds too. javascript:emoticon(':shock:')

I have no idea what bandwidth the PTZ would require... I only know that the video needs a lot, and we want to make this as 'real-time' as possible for the broadband cable & DSL connections...

This setup would be accessable by the public via broadband, but only one connection at a time. (password and broadband required on their part)

The user would send PTZ data and receive the lower res video & audio feeds. They could then download full res. video of the event from another IP address.

eganson,

I do not know enough to tell you about the CCTV part. But I can help with the broadband.

You said that cost was second so that is why I quoted fiber. If all you want is 1 Meg get a T1. If you need more get NxT1. Still more I go fiber, most cable companys offer it if you know who to talk with.

Bandwith is good. Latancy is better. If your latancy is high then you can have all of the bandwith in the world and it will still be slow.

The only way to make sure you get low latancy is a direct fiber connection. The question is this:

What is your budget?

And what is the application you're doing?

Currently just researching the technical feasability of creating a real-time interactive system to respond to human actions, with humans delivering the response, remotely, from different broadband connections...Customers pay to shoot me with paintballs while I heckle them... Hi-res video recorded onsite and retrieved later for free...(only one connection at a time)

Trying to keep the bandwidth expense below $500/month (US$)...

Eganson,

Have you checked out the Servision systems. They seem to get one of the fastest transmissions and interactions over internet.

Perhaps somebody else has experienced with these systems?

hi

look at sdsl (1.5mb-2.3mb) line if you not to far from telco co ( max 6000ft )

or low cost t1 line 1.5mb ($500)

i use speakeasy 3000/768k adsl line 8 static ip's ~ $108 and get ~ 6fps at 320x240 ~ 13k and ~16fps at 176x144 ~5k on axis jpeg , so get one adsl 768k upload and do low cost test

use fast mpeg4 steamer server and ~320x240 resolution on t1 line and that is your best shot on the ~$500 internet buget in usa at this time

see www.dslreports.com for adsl and sdsl price help

dusan

why would anyone in their right mind want to sport shoot another animal, the web site owners need to take some of their own medicine!

I've tossed-around the idea of PTZ-shooting people with paintballs for quite a while now, but those 'live-shot' guys motivated me to actually do it.

Animals?? That's pretty low; I bet they were just after publicity. (I hope..) I wonder how fast he can run while changing the targets

Their setup looked pretty funny using a standard camcorder on a PTZ head

I say they'll disappear soon enough due to a lack of market for that, but to shoot people with paintballs (they sting!) might take 'online gaming' to a new level... just a matter of making it work well enough...

I've tossed-around the idea of PTZ-shooting people with paintballs for quite a while now, but those 'live-shot' guys motivated me to actually do it.

Animals?? That's pretty low; I bet they were just after publicity. (I hope..) I wonder how fast he can run while changing the targets

Their setup looked pretty funny using a standard camcorder on a PTZ head

I say they'll disappear soon enough due to a lack of market for that, but to shoot people with paintballs (they sting!) might take 'online gaming' to a new level... just a matter of making it work well enough...

the paintball thing, would be funny Count me in .. !

Once a prototype is up & running, I'll need beta-testers to shoot me!

Trying to find the best MPEG4 video streamers for this...

JAX-2100? http://www.jaxstream.com/jaxspeed.html

Videolink/4? http://compumodules.com/security/mpeg-4-encoder.shtml

Vivitek VS3102 ? http://www.securityideas.com/vivsmpvisewa.html

Servision SVG400? http://www.servision.net/prod_svg400.html

Am I missing anything in the way of good MPEG4 streaming; any suggestions or experiences with these or other MPEG4 streamers?

hi

for low cost (~$250) start try this , so far no sound in this model ,

i am looking in to update to sound option modification , bidirectional if posible

http://www.acti.com/index.asp

http://www.acti.com/news/040722.htm

or if you are diy / developer you can try this option that have sound

http://www.wischip.com/sdk_ref.html

http://www.wischip.com/pdf/CAM3new.pdf

for now this looks like best low cost mpeg4 chip

dusan

...not direct to me though; but through Lamar Systems lamarsystems.com

In stock but more than I thought they'd be... next comes the fast PTZ head...

Actually I thought their pricing was very cheap, compared to other IP cameras and Servers. Plus they have an SDK so you can make your own software for the cameras and servers.

I agree, pretty impressive specs... may need some help with the software though! I've been wondering what to do for a good Pan-Tilt-Fire control...