CCTVINSTALLER

Geovision installation

Here's an installation i done the other week for a geovision system.

System build- for GV800-16 100fps with V6.1card

Motherboarboard- Asus P4c800Edeluxe

CPU- 3.2 ghz HT 512 Cache (decided not to use prescott due to heating issues)

Memory- Corsair twinx 2X512DDR

Video- Sapphire ati radeon 9550 pro

LGCDRW

Standard 3.5" floppy

LG 17" Fast refresh TFT monitor

Used Windows Xp Pro SP2

2XSATA Seagate barracuda 200GB HDDs.

HDD1

Partition 1 (10GB)- Purely for OS and Geovision

Partition 2 (2GB)- For log data

Partition 3 (188GB)- Video data 1

Hdd2

Partition 4 (200GB)- Video data 2

Remote transmission

used netgear DG834G hardware firewall router to allow remote access, also going to use wireless function to allow manager to access internet in his office.

Cameras

used 12X body cameras for indoor use

1X Outdoor day/night camera in tph-1000 housing

1X Outdoor vandal proof camera (looking at the shop)

Here are a few pics of the installation:

www.geocities.com/digitalsystems1/

I used

Ganz YCH-02A 1/3" Color DSP hi-res 480 lines

Fujinon YV5X2.7R4B-SA2L 2.7-13.5mm Auto Iris Vari-Focal Length Lens

It looks worse than the snapshots. Could this be a cable problem? I made the mistake of buying premade.

i mean what does it look like if you plug it direct into a CCTV monitor or tv?

Is it better or the same?

If you can get your hands on a small TV like a 13" then you can plug it direct into there and see how the image is. Get a BNC-RCA connector also.

I think it just because the quality of the Ganz cameras, they state true facts about their RES and SN Ratio, I got CCTV INstaller to look inot them and smiled when I read his post, they are awesome cams... say wast that the 640x240 remote transmition or the 320x240....obviously though lighting plays a big part so does cabling..... Nice one MR CCTV the pics look good...even if they are at 320x240, you do realise that you can transmit at 640x240??

I think it just because the quality of the Ganz cameras, they state true facts about their RES and SN Ratio, I got CCTV INstaller to look inot them and smiled when I read his post, they are awesome cams... say wast that the 640x240 remote transmition or the 320x240....obviously though lighting plays a big part so does cabling..... Nice one MR CCTV the pics look good...even if they are at 320x240, you do realise that you can transmit at 640x240??

Cheers man, thanks for those recommendations again. Is it possible to transmit at 640X240 but record at 320X240.

Having a lot of problems with this router think it might be the firmware because everywhere ive installed it, its been given me major problems, works for a couple weeks and then goes down, havent had a chance to check them yet. What router have you guys had good results with?

Theres a geovision remote monitoring company and i haven't been able to apply for an account because they test the system for the first 40 days to see if it remains connected. any ideas? Thanks for your support in advance.

I know that I am recording at 640x480 but where do I change what res I remote view. That may be my problem.