paranoid

4 cam home system recommendations

I would definitely go with Geovision, however it does depend if your use to the system or not. Are you building the system yourself? Don't know many resonable price standalone that does 100fps, however if your only recording motion and its a resedential job, i guess you could use a 50fps standalone. I would be interested in the performance of those cameras, i was thinking of using them for a job couple weeks back, ended up using vandal resistant domes with IR, problem was the range was only 10 metres.

Hi,

I have one of the cameras already and have been testing it for some time. The daytime colour image is perfectly acceptable but im suffering from the dreaded 'looking through a porthole' effect with the nightime IR, considering its a sealed unit thats under guarantee I cant really mess about with it. However I have just tested it with a 500 watt pir and the response was impressive.

The quoted 50 metre IR range is way off and more like 25 mtr, but for the price I suppose I cannot grumble.

I intend recording with motion detection most of the time with occasional 24 hour sessions thrown in. I feel that the gv800 is the only way to go as it will give me the best quality and highest resolution for the price, im simply not prepared to drop down to 12.5 or even 6.0 fps per cam.

I am building the sytem myself and have a lot of previous experience with all kinds of systems, the setup of the gv800 should not be too much of a problem (i hope).

I have to place an order tomorrow so if anyone has anything else to say, please speak up

building the system, extra work, just get a cheap standalone and plug and play, no set up is required. You will be in and out and onto the next job, no head aches, and you will never look back A home user really doesnt need much features, just record and thats it. 60+pps is a hype, not really required for 4 cameras, especially for a home. 30pps is sufficient.

100 feet with 49LEDs, they must be tripping. 84LEDs can do around 75-90' outdoors. Another thing, it doesnt say it has an IR cut Filter so thats why the day time image may not be as good as it could be. You do know it is NOT a Sony Camera right? How long will it last ... as long as any OEM camera.

Problem with any Camera with built in LEDs, unless you can switch the LED board yourself, like with the Extreme Cameras, for cheap, then as the LEDs die, one by one, you loose the IR eventually, and eventually there will be no IR left. Thats why I like the IR Bulbs, when the buld goes you just have to change that, its cheap and simple to change, and those Bulbs can do from 100-2400 feet now.

Rory,

Thanks for the input, I agree that the built in IR is a limitation and am considering bulbs. I have a dennard 25 watt IR and its pretty good but blows a lot of bulbs.

The system is for myself and I for one want no less than 25 fps per individual cam, I have a 50 pps standalone and am not impressed with the frame rate at all.

I do know its not a sony cam, just sony components inside someone elses creation.

The trouble with cctv these days is that there are too many options

Rory,

Thanks for the input, I agree that the built in IR is a limitation and am considering bulbs. I have a dennard 25 watt IR and its pretty good but blows a lot of bulbs.

The trouble with cctv these days is that there are too many options

Not for me When it comes to Infrared there is only one company I use, Extreme CCTV, proven products. The UF500 Bulbs only went after 2 full years of work, and then only costs $50 to replace the one little bulb.

Check it out - www.extremeCCTV.com, they make them in the Uk I believe, or at least they have a headquarters over there also.

Rory

Can't agrea with you more. I use some day/nights with LED's but I don't say they do nigh vision unless I'm specifying extreme product.

They really are the best. You pay for it though.