joe4

Outdoor Install - Heater Blower?

How can you tell if you need to use a heated or cooled outdoor houseing?

Do you need to run a extra cable for the heater, blower?

Is there anything special about the round type?

I was looking at the Pelco EH2512

http://www.spytown.com/peehseho.html

I am in Houston Texas, it is hooooooooooot in the summber, wet in the winter and allways humid

You should run a seperate pair for the heater/blower. Size (AWG) of wire depends on the distance of the run and the heater's current draw, but usually 16 to 18 AWG is fine.

actually from around april to october it is always in the 90's ...

dont always believe what you read We have maybe 1 month of 60-70 degree weather which is right now, its freezing to us and its like 66-76 degrees .. Trust me, its darn hot here most of the year ...we have that tropics type of heat, and no, I hate it to death! Sweating in bed for 9 months out of the year is horrible.. Especially when our power goes off every day and night during the summer months thanks to 3rd world equipment .. ive had heat stroke in attics installing alarms too many times to remember .. our temp stays the same from day to night also, never changes ..

ofcourse its no dessert like arizona .. he he he .. at least we got water ..!

Oh yeah, Freeport is the cold island in the bahamas ... and down south more in Long Island they are on the Tropic of cancer so all my family (white people) are black (extremely tanned) !

man I was looking at that weather thing, they must be on crack dude ... or they never read our temp gauges ... june july august and sept are always in the late 90s day and night, last few years have been worse then ever ofcourse ..

Houston can go from a high of 110 to freezing (although not for long, last time it snowed the natives thought the world was ending).