rory

Gas station system

General

1 Kalatel DSR-2000e 320GB DVR @ 5pps - 28 days recording (8 cameras)

1 Kalatel Triplex Color 10 Channel Multiplexer

1 Kalatel 14" 650TVL Color Monitor

1 Cable Modem - Remote Video

Cameras

5 Kalatel GBC Color 480TVL Domes, 2.8, 4, & 6mm (store)

1 Existing COP security Color Dome camera (office)

1 Provideo Smoke Detector Hidden BW Camera (cashier)

1 Existing Sony Traditional Camera (storeroom)

was not too impressed with the GBC domes for their price (using sanyo varifocal AI now and much happier), but they work okay, give a good digital picture over the internet, compared to the Bosch cameras that had been previously installed. The Provideo Smoke Detector camera is sweet . 28 days recording is pretty cool too, originally was doing 13/14 days on 10pps, then went down to 5pps for longer recording, as the actual recorded video was not really any different, to the naked eye.

6mm installed on door & cashier, 4mm on deli & office door, 2.8mm on wide shot of main store.

Will soon be adding 2 outdoor cameras.

Edited by Guest

Welcome to the forum Rory.

I have 370 gigs and I am only getting 12 days so I think I may play around with the frame rates to get more time. Are the cameras in this setup triggered by motion detection or do they record continiously?. Also do the cameras get video noise from the cooler lights. I think that is why we are only getting 12 days because the picture "waves" at times from the lights and the software picks it up a movement.

The picture quality looks excellent what resolution is that?

That's a very nice system. I am sure your clients are happy with it.

Welcome to the forum Rory.

I have 370 gigs and I am only getting 12 days so I think I may play around with the frame rates to get more time. Are the cameras in this setup triggered by motion detection or do they record continiously?. Also do the cameras get video noise from the cooler lights. I think that is why we are only getting 12 days because the picture "waves" at times from the lights and the software picks it up a movement.

The picture quality looks excellent what resolution is that?

That's a very nice system. I am sure your clients are happy with it.

Hi, yes it uses motion detection recording, and it is using the highest resolution for the Kalatel DVRs, cant remember off hand, will have to check (im not on my computer right now, someone elses).

No signal problems with the lights, except they give out alot of glare on the products which can make the picture not be as good as it could. The wires are run far from the lights in the drop ceiling, would have prefered in conduit but the customer preferred it run loose

Firstly, how do you include the previous message text?

Secondly if you are only getting the stated recording times what compression are you using, you must not be using MPEG4, you must be using JPEG to be blown out that far unless you are recording a full resolution standard!