Sign in to follow this  
chris

Nuvico Cameras

Does anyone know about Nuvico cameras? I am particularly interested in the WV41IR66N. Do you have any other recommendations?

Well to start with ignore the 135' distance, especially if its going to be outdoors.

I havent had experience with their products, but Infrared is Infrared. 60IR LEDs is not going to give you 135'. not even close, not outdoors, and lucky if you get 90' indoors with a Spot beam (narrow).

What are you looking for in the camera, what do you want it to do?

This one has a mechanical IR Cut Filter so it gives great day images as well as switches the IR on at night. Its considered a TRUE day night camera. I havent seen a bullet like this one yet from any other manufacturer: Ofcourse Speco OEMs it from the "actual" manufacturer, but they must buy it in large amounts as it is not found anywhere else:

http://www.csi-speco.com/cart/products/productDetails.asp?prodID=690

Its around the same price. Though Speco is considered "mid range", as is Nuvico, at least in the DVR area.

If you are looking for real Infrared Cameras, check out Extreme CCTV - www.ExtremeCCTV.com - they are not cheap but they work. Its all I sell when it comes to Infrared. I sell the IR bullets also, but just dont sell it as an IR camera as they dont perform like one. I may be biased after having experienced the Real Infrared Products, but I also have, and have used, the IR bullets. Just depends on the budget and what you really need.

Rory

Edited by Guest