ran

Outdoor heated domes

Hey guys,

Wondering if any of you have an opinion on the Everfocus EHD350/EHD150 domes. I need something in a dome with heater and because of mounting location limitations, traditional cam and outdoor housing won't do. The installation site has been having all sorts of problems and anything protruding out on a camera mount will more than likely be batted off the wall (not that they won't try the dome, I'll be attaching them to the brick wall). Anyway, they'll shell out for a midrange camera, the ExtremeCCTV line is a bit much for them.

Here's a few pics I took of the place.

DSC0241.jpg

DSC0242.JPG

DSC0243.JPG

DSC0244.JPG

DSC0245.JPG

DSC0246.JPG

Thx in advance.

Randy

You cant beat that price, with a heater. In fact I dont know of any others with heaters, other than PTZ, but then I havent been looking for any with heaters (check my location).

I havent used these cameras, but I have seen some Everfocus cameras locally. Only thing is, the Everfocus is very low end, the image quality is likely not to be that great, as with any low end camera. BUT, for the price, its worth a try.

why not use the lobby entrance roof top as the base for the cameras? you could put a nice "rack" of camera's up there and they will be out of the "batters box" and you'd still get the coverage you need. I'd make them very much visable so that all the customers could see them yet no could "take them out". deterrance is always a good thing. anything you put on the walk way will get destroyed.

just thinking outloud

rory,

Ya, know about the general quality of Everfocus. It's tough finding the right cam for the cash people are willing to shell out. They all want a Mercedes on a K-car budget. Haven't been able to find anything similar for the job without pricing myself out of the install. Might have to take a chance on them.

VST_Man,

Thought of that already. Actually, the owner made that suggestion for the 3rd cam that's going in the walkway above the office. The only problem I saw with putting them on the lobby roof was that the sun travels across the entire roof of the building where the cameras are going. Not sure a sunshade on a housing is going to make much of a difference and again, cost of cam, lense etc. becomes an issue. Hmmm, on the otherhand, the amount they'd be saving on cabling and conduit just might pay for a real nice day/night camera. Might have to rework this one. Thx for stirring some thought.

Yep I know, thats why im also selling Eclipse CCTV for the low low end budget clients, same thing as Everfocus, just cheaper in cost

are you looking for color or BW?

Well, lighting isn't going to be all that great around there so was thinking of going B/W. However, I'm going to go back out and have another look at the site. VST_Man inspired me to look at it from a different angle. If I can mount all 3 cams from that lobby roof, it's going to save the client a whack of money on cabling, conduit and labor (wasn't looking forward to pulling 350' of cable through conduit anyway). Should be able to pick up some nice day/night cams, lenses and housings with that money. Won't make as much on the job but what the hell, I'd rather do it right the first time around. My main concern was for the cameras right off the start.

The establishment is one that rents rooms by the hour. You know the clientel right. When I got there to do the site survey, 4 cops were kicking in doors on the 2nd level. Told me to get the hell outta there. And I was told, the staff won't go outside after dark in fear for their lives. If that's life around that place, how much of a chance ya think those little ole cams stand heh.

And I was told, the staff won't go outside after dark in fear for their lives. If that's life around that place, how much of a chance ya think those little ole cams stand heh.

sounds like here ..! I dont go outside, day or night, without a weapon in hand ...

And your weapon is a pack of Malboro Lights and Budwiser

You should look at the Toshiba's IK-6400N, and pair them up with Rainbow 3.5mm-8mm AI lenses. They are great Day Night cameras, and don't cost too much, around the same area as the everfocus, the only thing that you'll need is a heater blower housing, which you should be able to pick up for an extra 50-60 bucks somewhere. Is a much better option than that of the everfocus, and will give you a much better picture.