Firefighter

Designing system for my home. ( Looking for help etc... )

Thanks ^^

More to come!

Question:

Will using a dedicated TV Coax Cable give a better image than the premade BNC Line?

I was just going to use TV Coax for my Video, and power into whatevers closest. But saw the premade bnc lines....

This is for Dome cameras btw....

Will using a dedicated TV Coax Cable give a better image than the premade BNC Line?

I was just going to use TV Coax for my Video, and power into whatevers closest. But saw the premade bnc lines....

TV coax is usually RG58 - 50 ohm, and not at all suitable for CCTV. You want 75 ohm, RG6 or RG59 (the latter tends to be more readily available, cheaper, and easier to work with). Make sure the core is solid copper (not copped-clad alloy), and the shield is pure copper braid at 95-98% coverage. Avoid aluminum-foil shielded!

fire -- any more photos you can share for the cameras you got from Sean? Just curious.. I'm still trying to figure my own install out.. Got some more info from Sean to ponder over..

^^Make sure you use the proper BNCs on that. RG6 has a thicker OD and the center conductor has a thicker insulator than RG59, so with a few rare exceptions, RG59 connectors won't work on RG6.

I have been reading through your post, but am still skimming the surface

(There is alot of content)

Am I allowed to ask where and what model DVR you purchased? I was looking at the Ultimate mini 8ch at securitycameraking (info from the WHERE TO FIND DAHUA post) but would like more options to look at. Couple of the guys at my firehouse are considering buying together so this will be for at least 3 of us.

I am in the same boat, away for 24hrs and want something to keep an eye on the house while at work, figured I would start with a dahua DVR and work up from there adding cameras as you did.

Thanks for everyones efforts here, I understand this is all voluntary and is well appreciated by newbs like myself.

Henry

Guess I answered my own question about type of DVR by finishing reading the entire post. Saw it was Qvis Apollo - I think I would like the ability of 30fps on all chan so I at least have the option, thx for the video too.

Hey there, Sorry I've been gone for awhile, Months!

I've been assisting my fiance' in planning a wedding(Two Months!), working

an additional side job and trying to focus on my Photography

business so I just have not had the time.

I have the dvr, box camera and housing.

I purchased 4 cheap dome cameras I'm hoping to install tomm

after I finish building my fence. I need to purchase a converter

so I can bring down the house 220v to what the dome cameras

need to run.

Question if anyone knows. Am I able to use the converter for more than one camera? I have the box camera on a converter, can I split off of it to power the other 4 domes or do I need to purchase

a unit to do that. (Which I think is the case. I need battery backup anyway)

Updates tomm!

fire -- any more photos you can share for the cameras you got from Sean? Just curious.. I'm still trying to figure my own install out.. Got some more info from Sean to ponder over..

I'll take some photos tomm of it all.

An Update I guess you could say.

There is simply absolutely no comparison between analog and IP. MP IP of course is better, but just having POE on an IP cam makes things easy/nice.

I'm thinking about parting with my analog system and working on an IP system.

Just having POE alone would make me happy.... Running extra wires for power sucks.

lol.....

I don't know why I bought a 16 Ch D1 DVR, an NVR maybe, because I can always slowly upgrade.

Anyway, a Nice 16Ch Full D1 dvr may be up for sale soon.

I guess I could update this again. lol

New house, same stuff. But now I install cctv so I have more knowledge and access to rebranded Hikvision equipment.

I have 6 old 3MP IP Hik vision Bullets and a cheap china dahua turret.

I just pulled an 3MP Analog system out of a guys house I put in last year... He upgraded. Been thinking about installing it

and using it as a 24/7 redundant system to fall back on if my IP setup doesn't pick up motion for some reason.

But that sounds like over kill.... I might sell it and put that towards newer better IP cameras.... Not sure yet