anthor13

Need help for apartment garage installation!

Let me start off by saying that I'm new to this business, but looking to break into it. It's explained in greater detail in the "running a security business" section. Anyways, I'm always open to advice and suggestions that would help me get started, so please feel free give it out.

For my first project, I'm looking to install a video security system in an apartment garage. It's a half submerged so during the day it gets some sunlight from openings on all sides and it's lit 24hrs by flourescent light. I was looking for a standalone DVR in color, but don't really know what equipment would be good or how much it should cost(or where to purchase for that matter). I was looking to install four cameras, so I'd like to hear what specific models anyone could suggest for this project and also some prices. I'm not looking for the best, but something above average. Also, I don't know if this is a problem with most video cameras, but the ones installed in my apartment flush out from the sunlight everytime the garage door opens. Maybe it's because it's cheap or a b/w camera, but we'd also like to avoid this. Thanks for your help!

Hi

Sounds like you need a wide dynamic camera. You would also need a housing to accomadate it.

There are different manufacturers of WD cameras, ganz, kalatel, etc.

Ok for an example:

4x Wide Dynamic 480TVL cameras, 2.5-10mm Auto Iris Lens

4x channel 24VAC power Supply

4x EMI Steel Housing

EMI has a parking garage specific housing actually, you can find in on VSSCCTV.com:

http://www.vsscctv.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=442

Or wall mount steel housing:

http://www.vsscctv.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=437

You will need to specify the mount seperate also, as the mount does not come with the housing, even though it shows it in the picture.

These will depend on where you can mount them in the garage. If mouting over head then the garage specific housing would be good.

there are also ceiling wedge mounts, depends on whether you have concrete ceiling or ig you can get into the ceiling to wire it and or flush mount the housing.

GE (kalatel) has a new wide dynamic camera, you can find the info here for it:

http://www.vsscctv.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=453056152

I have a PDF file on my web site for it: (ignore my prices, they are foreign)

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/ms/show_details.asp?id=235&cat=56

You will need a lens for the camera, a varifocal auto iris will work best, you can adjust it time of installation. 2.5-10mm should be good enough, or something close to that.

For Digital Recording, I use Kalatel, but that part is up to you. VSSCCTV has Kalatel DVRs, and others. If you want a easy to install DVR, with no PC required at the location, they have some good units. The StoreSafe-4 channel DVR should be all you need. Hard Drive Size will depend on how long you want to record for approximately. If you need a DVR that integrates into access control systems or home automation ,then you will need the Kalatel DVMRe-CT, it costs more in the 4 and 10 channel range. You can always save by buying a Provideo DVR-16/IP DVR, alot cheaper than kalatel, but not quote as good, though will do the job. Then the PC cards are even cheaper, but more work.

As for VSSCCTV, not sure what the laws are in the US, but I imagine if you get a business licence for your new company, then you will be able to get an account with VSSCCTV without a problem.

As for what parts, really depends, let us know some more.

Rory[/url]