FredB

Light Control w/ relay

I am looking for a relay to replace a light switch, so when the security system trips, the light will turn on. Can program the alarm panel to trip a X-10 device to turn on relay, but since it is a commercial building it might not work. X-10 only work with 2-phase wiring.

Looking for a relay/light switch that would bypass the normal switch on 12 V input or just by a N.O / N.C. contact.

Looking for a simple solution without have to rework the electrical panel.

Thanks,

Fredrik

You're right, using X-10 in a commercial setting is dodgy.

You may want to look at the UPB product at www.pcslighting.com

You could just install a relay in parallel with the light switch that was rated to handle 120/240 and tripped by 12VDC (Omron among others make them). If you're not an electrician -hire one to install it. This would be foolproof.

Relay could be installed in a box adjacent to the light switch so there is no need to go into the electrical panel at all.

I might be to late for this install but next time try an X-10 PRO model # XPCR system coupler repeater. Works for 220 single phase or 3 phase and if I remember right I paid around $80 for it..

Byron

I am looking for a relay to replace a light switch, so when the security system trips, the light will turn on. Can program the alarm panel to trip a X-10 device to turn on relay, but since it is a commercial building it might not work. X-10 only work with 2-phase wiring.

Looking for a relay/light switch that would bypass the normal switch on 12 V input or just by a N.O / N.C. contact.

Looking for a simple solution without have to rework the electrical panel.

Thanks,

Fredrik