LittleScoobyMaster

Holy Moly GV900 Questions

I have some questions about a system I want to build around a GV900-16 and I was hoping I could get some real world FPS numbers.

The Motherboard would be an ASUS P4C800 Deluxe with an Intel P4 3.0 Gig Processor/800Mhz FSB, 2 Western Digital 80 Gig 10,000 RPM Sata Raptors. 1 Gig of DDR400 memory. Video Card would be an ATi card, next one down from the 9800XT. This would be on a Gigabit network.

I want to start out with 8 cameras with room to expand.

Here are a few of the questions I could use real world numbers for (following would be in 320x240):

1. If all 8 cameras are on in view mode only, what is the average FPS I could expect per camera while viewing the server monitor? (For 8 cams this card should be able to do 30 FPS per cam according to the specs) but I know it must be way lower than that for real world speed.

2. Same as question 1 but this time through a remote client hooked up on the gigabit LAN using the Remote Client Viewer software.

3. Same as question 1 but this time through the remote Web client viewer.

4. All questions 1 through 3 but this time with Capturing turned on trying to Capture at the fastest speed this card/system can handle while allowing realtime viewing of all 8 cameras.

5. Would the 18 to 35 Percent decrease in performance apply if the resolution was bumped up to 640x480 for all cams?

Thanks for any numbers you might be able to provide.