Sign in to follow this  
Ibanezbass671

HD-TVI need coaxial cables over 1000 ft

Hi Everyone

Hope someone in this forum can help me on this one.

We are designing a CCTV system utilizing HIKVISIONS Turbo HD-TVI Cameras for community park.

Each street light pole will house a HD-TVI Camera. (Approximate 20 pcs)

There will be 2 DVRs for 10 cameras.

One of the challenges I'm facing is that couple of cameras will exceed 1000ft from there location to the DVR.

1. Can I safely splice the coaxial cables to achieve the desire length for the cameras (need at least 1300 feet).

2. Is there product/brand coaxial cables that do have rolls/boxes of more than 100 feet to avoid splicing?

3. Will there be any video/image quality issues should I have no choice but splice these runs for cameras exceeding 1000 feet.

Thank you for reading and thanks in advance

If nobody puts comments for a given time, you better prove HD-TVI system yourself. One camera, one DVR, and the max cable length(cable roll) would not cost you much.

Hi

Max distance for Coaxial Cable is 300 meters

Going to have to use Fiber

And get rid of the Turbo and go IP for this install

Why is coax limited to 300 m

TVI over coax is good for well over that distance

Get rid of a brand new TVI system ... Is not what the op wants to hear

Just use BNC joint connector to get to your distance

If nobody puts comments for a given time, you better prove HD-TVI system yourself. One camera, one DVR, and the max cable length(cable roll) would not cost you much.

So far we been installing HD-TVI systems here and got great results, in fact better than IP since there limitation (300ft max before adding another switch.) when it comes to cost to our clients. (Fiber expensive here).

The farthest we ever run on UTP (CAT6e) was about 800 ft (244m) using HD-TVI Baluns and approx 900 ft (275m) on RG6.

We know that HD-TVI is capable over 1300 feet, just trying to figure out if there are coaxial cables we can get without splicing, or has anyone ever tried splicing coaxial for HD-TVI?

Thanks

So far we been installing HD-TVI systems here and got great results, in fact better than IP since there limitation (300ft max before adding another switch.) when it comes to cost to our clients. (Fiber expensive here).

The farthest we ever run on UTP (CAT6e) was about 800 ft (244m) using HD-TVI Baluns and approx 900 ft (275m) on RG6.

We know that HD-TVI is capable over 1300 feet, just trying to figure out if there are coaxial cables we can get without splicing, or has anyone ever tried splicing coaxial for HD-TVI?

Thanks

Good to know to hear success of HD-TVI in field

Too bad to know there are some guys who keep peddling 4MP IP Cameras even for home applications or ministores.

Google and Contact "TechPoint" and ask the company about choosing a good quality cable for a longer distance. The Techpoint develops chipset for HD-TVI. They should know !!!.

Thanks

Good to know to hear success of HD-TVI in field

Too bad to know there are some guys who keep peddling 4MP IP Cameras even for home applications or ministores.

Google and Contact "TechPoint" and ask the company about choosing a good quality cable for a longer distance. The Techpoint develops chipset for HD-TVI. They should know !!!.

Too bad there are guys peddling (thats a word I taught you, you are welcome) 960h junk cameras and low end DVR cards their company makes.

You can buy 1000' rolls of Direct Burial Siamese cable from SYstek for $275/1000. I have been told that you can run TVI out 1500' on that cable but you need to use 24 volt (24v-12v) cameras. Since you have the dvr already, just buy the cable, do the splice and bench test it at the dvr with the cables still on their spool. That way you will know for sure. If you have problems you can always downgrade that location to a 760 analog 24v camera. If voltage drop is an issue and you have 120 volts available near the camera you can put a transformer out near the camera to supply either 12v or 24v.

We own two self storage facilities with out buildings 700' away, so we have had to get creative at those remote locations.

Ibanezbase, After you try this can you please comment back on your results ASAP??? I too am curious about what signal loss you get when you splice cable on TVI cameras. I have done it with old 760 analog and it seems to be okay. For our new facility we are going to do home runs of either cat5e or Siamese. Pulling home run cables in the 400 to 700' range is not easy!!!! I am about to purchase 32 tvi cameras, and 2 dvr's.

By the way you can get 16 channel dvr's if you only want to buy 1. I have been told you will want 1 terabyte per camera when ordering your dvr.