dmills913

Need advice on a new system. Our current method won't work..

Just take note, to stream 720P smoothly over internet, you'll still need ard 3Mbps of bandwidth per camera.

You might want to go www.speedtest.net and test if your bandwidth's sufficient for the resolution you intend to stream.

No experience with Blue Iris, but on NVR/DVR, it'll just be double clicking on the camera you want to view.

Those with Remote, just click n the Camera number.

For those software DVR, most of the scheduling is for recording scheduling. I haven't seen one that schedule which camera to display on a date/time basis. Only for Dwell time, e.g. Switch between camera at interval. But I never use Blue Iris before, so I can't comment on that.

If the system is setup with password protection, you'll need to enter the password.

Ok, that's great help. I really appreciate it! I'll let you know if any other last minute questions pop up. Hopefully we'll be making a decision sometime in the next few days.

Edit:

One other question that does occur. We were thinking of getting panorama cameras for the office itself. We would never need to show those on the TV (nor would we want to). Is it very easy to administer settings on the NVR via a computer? Is it even possible? I would be wanting to do all of the 'viewing recorded footage' from my office, 70% of the 'viewing live footage' from the local TVs, and 30% from my local computer. We would occasionally view classes remotely from iphone, etc.

I assume when you're talking about bandwidth, you'd be referring to upload bandwidth in this case? Either way, my Download speed is 64.25Mbps and my upload is 84.82Mbps here.

On some system, you could virtually split the fisheyes camera (panoramic) camera into either 4 cam display, a single/dual panorama display.

Not too sure if you are able to make that "fix" on the display though so you don't need to redo that everytime the system start up though.

You can use them in place of the "wedge" camera to showcase the class to the parent.

Do note you'll need to stream them at higher resolution, so that you can virtually split them to 720P to display on the TV.

Bandwidth for your HQ (Look at the Download).

Bandwidth where the cameras are (Look at the upload speed).

It's an indication. Doesn't necessary mean you'll get those kinda throughput depending on how your ISP peers. Especially if you are subscribing to 2 different ISP.

We have local ISPs that don't peer locally ! The traffic from 1 local ISP to another have to go out of the country oversea, then back again...

Don't ask me why....

The cameras I was looking at jumped up $104 each in price, so I'm looking into different cameras now. I came across these on Amazon, and was confused by the cords. It looks like the round one is for ethernet/poe, the power one would be optional if you were using PoE, and I was confused about the audio. Does the audio not go through the ethernet cable? Or is it just an optional output?

http://www.amazon.com/Dahua-IPC-HDBW4421E-AS-Megapixel-Network-SavvyPixel/dp/B01D34TZ82?ie=UTF8&keywords=dahua%20(-as)&qid=1463713669&ref_=sr_1_5&sr=8-5

In the fourth picture down, you can see the cables I'm asking about.

Thanks!

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, I would need to buy an external microphone and plug that into the "Audio Input" cable. After doing that, would it then transfer the audio via the ethernet cable to the NVR? Or would I ALSO need to plug another cable into the audio out that somehow integrates into the NVR?

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, I would need to buy an external microphone and plug that into the "Audio Input" cable. After doing that, would it then transfer the audio via the ethernet cable to the NVR?

Yes. Do take note of the type of mic it support. If it's line in mic or normal mic. There's a differences. Some have menu option to select, others might only support one.

Or would I ALSO need to plug another cable into the audio out that somehow integrates into the NVR?

No. It'll be through the networks streaming.

If it has an audio out, it means most likely mean you can connect a speaker to the camera, and speak from the client software/app/nvr to be heard on the speaker.

Btw, you sure you comfortable taking advices from someone who doesn't have over 30 years of experiences ?

I'm not picky I'm happy to listen to anyone who takes the time to answer my questions. I really appreciate it!

I'm not picky I'm happy to listen to anyone who takes the time to answer my questions. I really appreciate it!

You can listen to the guy who is forcing you to spend more money onto of what you have already spent

The problem is he likes to take over posts

BUT IF you want to use the cameras and use them the way you wanted in your first post it would off all Been done by now

But since the topic has moved to you looking at dahua .... The setting are the same

Forget about ISP going out of the country and back that has nothing to do with what you want

Cameras and TVs are local ... So local network ... Only your teachers away from systems network needs external

And using dahua you can now connect direct to TVs from your network

Tom, I appreciate the time you've spent on replying. You talk a great game. You tell me how simple it is. Do local, don't use 3rd party. When I try to follow the very vague advice you give, it doesn't work. The single piece of advice you've given in this whole thread was "Use the standard apps .... Use local. Use that or eyespy app."

I spent two days trying to follow this advice. According to Y-Cam tech support, there ARE NO LOCAL Y-CAM APPS THAT WORK WITH MY CAMERAS. I downloaded 'eyespy', and it didn't work. As I posted earlier in thread asking if you meant this software: https://www.ispyconnect.com/ . You didn't respond to that question either, but I tried it, and no go. So, to recap:

If it's so simple, why can't you give me a single concrete thing I can try? Do you understand how frustrating it is to invest a bunch of money in something, have it suddenly not work, and then have someone on the internet tell you how simple it is without telling you how to do it? Now you're insinuating that I'm lying about trying to get it to work, that I just want to buy an all-new system, and it's so simple that if I really actually wanted to use the cameras that I have, then I'd already be able to? Let me be clear. I don't want to buy a new system if anyone can show me ANY way to get around it with our current cameras. I'm totally open to any advice, will download anything to try, etc. If it's so easy, give me a direction.

You can listen to the guy who is forcing you to spend more money onto of what you have already spent

The problem is he likes to take over posts

BUT IF you want to use the cameras and use them the way you wanted in your first post it would off all Been done by now

Errmm... dmills913, I don't believe I ever force you to spend any money. Correct me if I am wrong, and I'll apologise for that if I ever gave that impression.

tomcctv, you mentioned a lots of vague instruction that contradicts with what the manufacturer says on their website.

Understandably, you have a lot of years of experience and may know something that the manufacturer doesn't.

That's why we looked up to you and await with great anticipation of your solution that we could all learn something from.

Like dmills913, I can't find any local app that you mentioned.

I also did a search on itune on all apps that listed y-cam as the developer in a previous post and asked for your advice on which is the local app that you had mentioned multiple times in this thread that neither dmills913 nor I could locate.

Perhaps it's posted under other developers which there are thousands and it's not feasible or possible for dmills913 to download all conceivable apps that looks like it support y-cam and test it out. I believe dmills913 has other aspect of his business to focus on and getting this up and running is not the sole purpose of his existence.

It would be helpful to just copy the link to the exact app so that he can get it up and running, and in your own words , " it would off all Been done by now ".

YcamApps.png.99e2bc892d8f4e88917673b1beef0270.png

there ARE NO LOCAL Y-CAM APPS THAT WORK WITH MY CAMERAS.

It's the IP used within the app that makes it local (LAN)

You are using external IP (WAN) on your app and gv box because your using roku server.

Roku IP will not work on any other app.

My help is not vague to you it's just I also have to argue with someone else on how to do it.

On first page of the 5 page post I said I have done it with your cameras ... I have also said I have your cameras on hik dahua and avermedia.

Now it's not that I don't want to help it's just after a 5 page post of someone else who has told you he has NEVER seen or used the y-cam.

Like I said a few pages back ... Time and effort is given free on the forum but there is also a point where it's time to leave a post alone .. It's on 5 pages and you have got no we're with your problem

I'll keep reading the posts here because it's going to be interesting

Ok, you've done it. How?

I have the camera IP, and I cannot log into the cameras. My router sees them on the network, but ispyconnect can't connect to them. I know that Y-Cam makes IP cameras, and I'm certain that those work as you describe. Have you actually done it with the camera I uploaded a picture of? It says "HomeMonitor" on the camera.

tomcctv, I believe dmills913 had actually done all you had advised but he still can't login to the camera directly through lan.

Did it cross your mind that the IP camera you referred to being able to work on Dahua, etc NVR are actually another range of camera supplied by y-cam ?

The HomeMonitor Camera Range of camera from y-cam might have it's webserver disabled or maybe doesn't even come with webserver to allow it to be login like a normal IP Camera ?

Taken from Y-Cam FAQ

http://support.y-cam.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1661650-can-i-use-a-y-cam-ip-camera-with-homemonitor-

It is not possible to combine HomeMonitor cameras with Y-Cam IP Cameras.

If you would like to use an internet-based service with your Y-cam IP camera there are a number of great ones available. We have listed some of them on the Y-cam website at http://www.y-cam.com/internet-services and all of those work with Y-cam IP cameras.

From what Y-Cam FAQ highlighted, HomeMonitor cameras (that dmills913 is using) is different from Y-Cam IP Cameras (that you had successfully gotten to work with other NVR). I had also highlighted this in a much earlier post.

They had also highlighted that their HomeMonitor sevices are NOT compatible with their Y-cam IP Cameras. This kinda confirm that HomeMonitor Cameras (dmills913 using) and Y-cam IP Camera (you are using) are 2 different product and there's a possibility that HomeMonitor range of camera doesn't work like normal IP camera.

You had repeatedly accuse me of giving bad advices, but yet dmills913 is unable to get his system working based on your advice, which also directly contradict what the Y-cam stated.

I respect that you have 33 years of experience. But that doesn't mean that you are always giving good advice and others are giving bad advice.

As you had repeatedly accused me giving bad advice, I feel that it's my prerogative to defend myself against your baseless accusation.

These are what you said earlier in this thread.

With your existing setup you can still access via smart devices... Android iPad iPhone Windows.
Use y-cam app on smart device which belongs to y-cam and use a $25 android box.
Swap to y-cams. App and you have no limitations

dmillis913 had highlighted

there ARE NO LOCAL Y-CAM APPS THAT WORK WITH MY CAMERAS.
It's the IP used within the app that makes it local (LAN)

You are using external IP (WAN) on your app and gv box because your using roku server.

Roku IP will not work on any other app.

Ya, we know right from the start (at least I do) to use the LOCAL IP in the app. WHICH APP to use with the LOCAL IP ?????

I believe dmillis913 is smart enough to know he should be using the LOCAL IP to attempt direct access to the y-cam device the first time you mentioned it.

From his reply, I gathered

1. He can see the LOCAL IP assigned by his Router's DHCP Server to the Y-Cam in his Router's DHCP Client List.

2. He tried typing that LOCAL IP into his browser, but can't see the login page to the Y-Cam.

Either Y-Cam doesn't have webserver function or the webserver port is not defaulted to 80. If so, please advise him which port to try.

3. You gave him hope by insisting that there is an APP to use with the Y-Cam apart from the HomeMonitor Services.

Both of us asked repeatedly which app is it, and I even took the trouble to do a screenshot of all available apps by Y-Cam developer to allow you to point out which APP he should use.

You never reply to this even though I asked a few times.

It's easy just to walk away from this by reiterating that you have 33 years of experience which non of us have here and you must be right.

The rest of us are stupid for not being able to get it working.

The Y-cam FAQ must be wrong to highlight that these are 2 different range of product they sold.

Their various technical guys must be wrong or lousy to gave that sort of advices to dmills913 over the past 2 years.

It's funny that Y-Cam that you highlighted in an earlier post is a big popular company that sold a lot of cameras and yet don't know what they are selling as accused by you.

Do the right thing. Man up to your own advice and show dmills913 what you mean.

You mentioned you had done a lot of y-cam home monitor cameras integration with nvr and they can be login through normal webbrowser like normal ip camera.

Do a few screenshot to let dmills913 what to expect. If y-cam is using normal port 80 for the webserver, or is there a unique port to see the web interface in the browser when dmills913 key in the LOCAL IP address in the web browser. (dmills913, you may want to assist tomcctv by listing what IP you keyed in as he insisted that you are not using the LAN ip but rather the public/WAN ip address in the browser).

And when the web browser login page appear, what's the default userid and password dmills913 should key in.

393939935_YcamApps(1).png.918f4739435fa52dfaf7a840abc7d85c.png

289179_1.png

Here's what happens when I go to the URL for the camera. As you can see, it's a local ip address. There are no login options, just an 'update firmware' option. Y-Cam doesn't seem to have firmware for their HomeMonitor line though, so I am assuming it must be a way for their techs to update things before shipping them out.

Hello All,

I stumbled on this thread through ha google search and I may be able to add something to the conversation. I have 3 Ycam Homemonitor cameras, they are the outdoor bullet type. The cameras work well but trying to gain local access and get into the settings has been a pain.

When you follow the IP address for the camera in a browser you are presented with an update firmware page. But I found that when you use the IP address in conjunction with a /Login you come to an actual username and password screen.

Such as 192.168.1.160/login in the address bar brings up the image attached below.

I have tried to use any default username and password I could find, I have also tried to use my account login online and I have not been able to crack it. Any thoughts on what I may be able to try?

!screen.thumb.JPG.3881995a2106c4dd6d51487ef9f88fcb.JPG

Hello All,

I stumbled on this thread through ha google search and I may be able to add something to the conversation. I have 3 Ycam Homemonitor cameras, they are the outdoor bullet type. The cameras work well but trying to gain local access and get into the settings has been a pain.

When you follow the IP address for the camera in a browser you are presented with an update firmware page. But I found that when you use the IP address in conjunction with a /Login you come to an actual username and password screen.

Such as 192.168.1.160/login in the address bar brings up the image attached below.

I have tried to use any default username and password I could find, I have also tried to use my account login online and I have not been able to crack it. Any thoughts on what I may be able to try?

Did you find out how to login to this camera? I've tried few methods but without luck so far. I even dissembled it and I guess it could be the same hardware inside like in Y-cam Knight SD IP Camera White cause my Homemonitor camera even has hidden slot for SD card. I think getting access or somehow flashing firmware from Y-cam could bring normal IP camera mode. Maybe someone know how to do it?

PS What will happen if I disconnect this battery on the board? Reset some settings or I just bricking my camera?

IMG_20170218_160351.thumb.jpg.0b79fb73d16cfe36154c2b9f5e9fc5fe.jpg

IMG_20170218_160334.thumb.jpg.c4a63b1134f5b2c3ddbb0f6ce739f804.jpg