just_having_fun

6 Camera Home Security System...

Hi,

If you're interested, find enclosed a brief description (pdf) and short video (mp4) of my 6 camera Home Security System. I am a novice and still have a lot to learn.

You can find the pdf at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/momah7ucd6e3c9w/Surveillance%20Cameras%20redacted.pdf?dl=0

and a short video, using iVMS4200 on a laptop using wireless, at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lnav668lofsgi8o/cameras.mp4?dl=0

If you would like to know a few more details, just send me a reply and i'll get back to you.

Have Fun !

Brian

PS I have no interest or affiliation with HIKVision...just like what they make

A lot of work went into that PDF, I love it! Good job! " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

Just a note; on the picture on the DRIVEWAY-I/FRONTDOOR cameras, that installation is not up to the standards of the PDF I think you could have used some protection on those cables/connectors (tubes/boxes). Also, those 2CD2032 cameras come with waterproof connectors for a reason, why use electrical tape and not those connectors?

227773_2.jpg

Edit: it is my guess that you cut the 2.1mm power connector from the cameras? I don't think that is a good idea, you void the camera's warranty (if you have any warranty at all), and you loose the ability to troubleshoot the camera if needed in the future using a power supply/battery. Your RJ45 connectors better be well protected, if they get damaged, bye bye camera! ( I have seen it happen)

Btw; you might want to remove your address from iVMS... Or at least cover it on the PDF

A lot of work went into that PDF, I love it! Good job! " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

Thank you. It was a lot of fun to work on this project, and I thuoght it was worth the effort to document what I'd done...my memory isn't as good as it used to be

Just a note; on the picture on the DRIVEWAY-I/FRONTDOOR cameras, that installation is not up to the standards of the PDF I think you could have used some protection on those cables/connectors (tubes/boxes). Also, those 2CD2032 cameras come with waterproof connectors for a reason, why use electrical tape and not those connectors?

I used CAT5 cables to connect the cameras to the switches and tried hard not to cut the connectors off the ends of the CAT5 cable. So, i had to find another way to 'weatherize' the connection to the cameras using electricians tape. BTW, I did subsequrntly cut the CAT5 cables, because they were too long. I have to admit that putting new connectors on the cut end of the CAT5 cable was not my strength...getting all 8 wires in the right place in the connector is like herding cats.

Anyway, for new projects I would use the supplied covers as you suggested.

227773_2.jpg

Edit: it is my guess that you cut the 2.1mm power connector from the cameras? I don't think that is a good idea, you void the camera's warranty (if you have any warranty at all), and you loose the ability to troubleshoot the camera if needed in the future using a power supply/battery. Your RJ45 connectors better be well protected, if they get damaged, bye bye camera! ( I have seen it happen)

Yes, right again. I did cut the power connector off. It would have been better to leave them as they came on the cameras. Although we don't live in a sever weather region, the results so far have been good with no reliability issues.

The only maintenance required is to remove 'cobwebs' from obscuring the lens. Their effect is worse at night when the IR is active.

Btw; you might want to remove your address from iVMS... Or at least cover it on the PDF

Done...and thanks for pointing it out

I've been very happy with the system and have identified:

1. Someone setting fire to our neighbors garbage cans

2. Perps breaking into cars

3. Challenging the company who sprays our yard...he never came

4. Checking when you have packages at the door

Take care, Brian