videobruce

Upgrading an analog system to TVI

TVI seems to be the logical way to go, but there are two problems. The four monitors that will be used are all in separate rooms. Way too far for HDMI and that outdated VGA. Why the Chinese insist on using that ancient interface is beyond me.

Anyway, the only solution is to use the existing video cable feeds even thou the image will be analog. Most DVR's do not have a composite out even thou there is a port for it. None of the compact models which is what I would prefer to use have that. The question are;

1. Will the resulting downconverted image be noticeable better in spite of the video format being used?

2. Will the composite image be anaphoric 16x9 squeezed into a 4x3 that could be stretched or postage stamp (16x9 within a 4x3 with black bars top & bottom)?

TVI seems to be the logical way to go, but there are two problems. The four monitors that will be used are all in separate rooms. Way too far for HDMI and that outdated VGA. Why the Chinese insist on using that ancient interface is beyond me.

Anyway, the only solution is to use the existing video cable feeds even thou the image will be analog. Most DVR's do not have a composite out even thou there is a port for it. None of the compact models which is what I would prefer to use have that. The question are;

1. Will the resulting downconverted image be noticeable better in spite of the video format being used?

2. Will the composite image be anaphoric 16x9 squeezed into a 4x3 that could be stretched or postage stamp (16x9 within a 4x3 with black bars top & bottom)?

1. If you use HDMI to AV converter you can sent the video to all the 4 TV, quality is still decent. (better than analog)

Another option will be using HDMI cat5e transmit/receive but you will need to run new cabling. (best quality)

I already did research a HDMI to composite and the only decent ones are around $80 which is ridiculous, but I was planning on using the HDMI out for local monitor. I also looked into using that mostly useless VGA with a format converter, but the reviews of those were terrible! Poor reliability & poor quality.

Anyone out there that has a DVR that has a composite out that is running HD-TVI (or IP) and at least tried the composite out to a LCD display?

I don't do wireless anything when it comes to CCTV or computers (both, which are fixed location devices) except for Laptops.

I already did research a HDMI to composite and the only decent ones are around $80 which is ridiculous, but I was planning on using the HDMI out for local monitor. I also looked into using that mostly useless VGA with a format converter, but the reviews of those were terrible! Poor reliability & poor quality.

Anyone out there that has a DVR that has a composite out that is running HD-TVI (or IP) and at least tried the composite out to a LCD display?

Here is the comparison between HDMI & AV output on a TVI DVR. Even though it is from 2 different DVR the end results will be much or less the same.

290442_1.jpg

290442_2.jpg

Ok, something meaningful, thank you.

1. What size monitor is this from?

2. Is this a 4x3 or a 16x9 monitor?

3. What resolution are the camera(s)?

4. Which DVR's are they?

5. Are there any settings on either DVR that affect PQ or resolution?

At first, I didn't see the difference until I took a 2nd look. Not a whole lot based on the size of the displayed attachments.

Ok, something meaningful, thank you.

1. What size monitor is this from?

40' LCD TV

2. Is this a 4x3 or a 16x9 monitor?

16x9

3. What resolution are the camera(s)?

1080p

4. Which DVR's are they?

Videopark 1080p real-time for HDMI

& Half 1080p for the AV

5. Are there any settings on either DVR that affect PQ or resolution?

Not on video quality, menu yes.

At first, I didn't see the difference until I took a 2nd look. Not a whole lot based on the size of the displayed attachments.

Since I snap using a mobile, you won't see much difference but if you view live & compare, you will see a huge difference.

Edited by Guest

Single camera at a time, rotating thru all four cameras.

Those adapters have a high % of failures according to the reviews of three others. The one you posted only had 10 reviews which isn't meaningful enough.

You can use something like this unit. Takes a single HDMI input and can send that to 4 monitors over a single cat5/6. Also has a loop output for local display. I haven't used this unit below but we have done this many times for the same reason you are.

291053_1.jpg

You can use something like this unit.

That's a great looking little unit. I haven't seen single cat5/6 to HDMI baluns before.

Does it do full audio as well?

What resolution does it give over say, 100' of cat6?

Cheers!

I use HDMI over IP converters that utilize UDP.

You need to get converters, not extenders that only do 30m and cannot be used in a data switch.

I use Cat6 cabling and Gigabit switches.

The limits are 90m distance and the amount of ports in your switch is the amount of monitors you can connect.

24 port switch is 1 input, 23 monitor outputs, 8 port switch is 1 input and 7 outputs.

An uncompressed full HD HDMI signal (1080P inc audio) is up to a bandwidth of 1.6G/s, so there is a little degradation in quality, but most people would not notice it.

I use these also for AV distribution in clubs with no issues.

1. If you use HDMI to AV converter you can sent the video to all the 4 TV, quality is still decent. (better than analog)

Another option will be using HDMI cat5e transmit/receive but you will need to run new cabling. (best quality)