oldgoat99

Help Me Choose an NVR

I'm getting ready to upgrade my current system whaich consists of an 8 channel Dahua DVR and five 700TVL dome cameras.

This will be my fourth and hopefully last upgrade.

I've looked at the packaged systems and found them mostly lacking for one reason or another.

I'm hoping that I can accomplish a couple things by piecing a system together that the boxed systems don't provide.

Goals:

1.To be able to chose different resolution and focal length cameras based on my needs.

2.To be able to add huge amounts of storage. Maybe 12TB? Though 6TB may be adequate.

3. To have complete access to all the the configurations on the NVR via the internet. And also be able to do live monitoring and the ability to transfer video to remote storage also using the internet. The reason for this is that the NVR will be in a location that is not accessible for hooking up a monitor or mouse.

So, my only question right now is... Does Hikvision have an NVR that can do #3 in my list? I'm on a budget so I'd like to keep the total price of the NVR under $400 (excluding the drives) if possible. Less would be even better. And, if not Hikvision, then who?

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!