OALI

IP CCTV Switches - Questions ?

Hi,

I am going to design IP CCTV System for my Client.

we have the following:

1. Total number of IP Cameras are 66 (4MP resolution/each) bandwidth around 5Mbps/each

2. POE Switch 1: 22 Cameras connected

POE Switch 2: 22 Cameras connected

POE Switch 3: 22 Cameras connected

3. Distance between switches is 30 meter (from sw1 to sw2 is 30 meter and sw2 to sw3 is 30 meter)

4. NVR will be in Control Room, distance between NVR and each Switches is 80 meter.

5. NVR have 4 RJ-45 Ports (10/100/1000Mbps).

My Question:

A. can connect each switch with Cat6 cable using 1000Mbps Ethernet Ports? then last switch connect to NVR using 1000Mbps Ethernet Ports in NVR? any problem we will face? or to be in safe side better to use fiber connection between switch and NVR?

Hi,

I am going to design IP CCTV System for my Client.

we have the following:

1. Total number of IP Cameras are 66 (4MP resolution/each) bandwidth around 5Mbps/each

2. POE Switch 1: 22 Cameras connected

POE Switch 2: 22 Cameras connected

POE Switch 3: 22 Cameras connected

3. Distance between switches is 30 meter (from sw1 to sw2 is 30 meter and sw2 to sw3 is 30 meter)

4. NVR will be in Control Room, distance between NVR and each Switches is 80 meter.

5. NVR have 4 RJ-45 Ports (10/100/1000Mbps).

My Question:

A. can connect each switch with Cat6 cable using 1000Mbps Ethernet Ports? then last switch connect to NVR using 1000Mbps Ethernet Ports in NVR? any problem we will face? or to be in safe side better to use fiber connection between switch and NVR?

Good day

So you gonna be running a total of 330MB/S, I don't think you will have any issues if you are using a giga-bit setup worst case you can put 2 switches at the last point before the NVR so sw1 to sw2 to sw3 to sw4 and sw5 to sw 6 to nvr, if you know what I mean, but still think you will be good to go, im doing a 80 ip cam setup the same way next week will tell you how it goes

Regards

Good day

So you gonna be running a total of 330MB/S, I don't think you will have any issues if you are using a giga-bit setup worst case you can put 2 switches at the last point before the NVR so sw1 to sw2 to sw3 to sw4 and sw5 to sw 6 to nvr, if you know what I mean, but still think you will be good to go, im doing a 80 ip cam setup the same way next week will tell you how it goes

Regards

Thank you for your Reply, which switch you are going to use in your project ?

Make sure you have done your POE calculations to make sure your switches can supply enough power to all of your cameras.

Also I would recommend using Star topology over daisy chaining your switches.

Hi Oali

How did you go with setting up this system? I'm about to do a very similar one and it's my first so I'm curious to know if you ran into any problems and if you might have any tips for me.

Thanks