dsmwookie

150+ BNC Cameras 5 DVR Locations on Campus. Multi DVRs Dead

I work for a public school system and the camera system is kind of a mess. Several boxes, Bosch Divar MRs, are dead. Multiple software platforms creates a viewing headache for administration and security. Replacing all the cameras is too costly; the runs have been professionally run across a large school campus and is just not feasible to change right now.

Shifting to a unified software platform. If that is not possible, then I'd like to consider options to use the existing cameras and change the DVR boxes to a uniform platform. Research led me to see Tribirds or PC Capture cards as an option. If I can prepare the system to transition to IP cameras as they break that would be ideal. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

P.S. Only one Honeywell unit in our system, each box is a 16 channel DVR. They are not all in one location but in several rooms across the campus on several floors with switches located nearby.

Currently the system is:

Bosch 670

Bosch 630

Bosch Divar MR Majority are these and they are dead.

Bosch 5000

Honeywell HRGX162

I work for a public school system and the camera system is kind of a mess. Several boxes, Bosch Divar MRs, are dead. Multiple software platforms creates a viewing headache for administration and security. Replacing all the cameras is too costly; the runs have been professionally run across a large school campus and is just not feasible to change right now.

Shifting to a unified software platform. If that is not possible, then I'd like to consider options to use the existing cameras and change the DVR boxes to a uniform platform. Research led me to see Tribirds or PC Capture cards as an option. If I can prepare the system to transition to IP cameras as they break that would be ideal. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

P.S. Only one Honeywell unit in our system, each box is a 16 channel DVR. They are not all in one location but in several rooms across the campus on several floors with switches located nearby.

Currently the system is:

Bosch 670

Bosch 630

Bosch 5000

Honeywell HRGX162

Get Avigilon Analog encoders ( http://avigilon.com/products/video-surveillance/encoders/ )

then later u can slowly move to IP

in mean time you will have Hybrid system

Currently the system is:

Bosch 670

Bosch 630

Bosch 5000

Honeywell HRGX162

You could use Bosch DIP 3000 NVRs with Bosch 16 channel encoders. The Bosch DIP 3000 comes with 32 channel licences and can be networked together as well as providing an incremental upgrade path to IP cameras.

The use of Bosch IP cameras with Bosch NVRs can provide a point to point encryption capability to maximize cyber security.

Also the Bosch IP camera connected to a Bosch NVR will also record the full range of meta data allowing the later use of intelligent (forensic) review functionality.

Ilkie

The plot thickens. I am limited to certain bid lists. The Honeywell HRGX162 which we currently have one of was a cheap performer, which I cannot find on our bid list. Honeywell also requires dealing with the dealer to receive software. This concept is not supported.

Here is a list of vendors I know I can currently use:

shi.com

howardcomputers.com

dell.com

cdwg.com

officedepot

cdi

Hikivision is on several of those, but I'm unsure as to the quality and ease of use with software across these models. Any feedback?

The plot thickens. I am limited to certain bid lists. The Honeywell HRGX162 which we currently have one of was a cheap performer, which I cannot find on our bid list. Honeywell also requires dealing with the dealer to receive software. This concept is not supported.

Here is a list of vendors I know I can currently use:

shi.com

howardcomputers.com

dell.com

cdwg.com

officedepot

cdi

Hikivision is on several of those, but I'm unsure as to the quality and ease of use with software across these models. Any feedback?

It looks like the most of the suppliers are office or IT distributors, although it looks like shi.com has a decent range of quality CCTV kit.

Ilkie