el123

upgradig our security system- need advice

Hello,

We're considering upgrade to our security system, including replacing DVR and adding cameras.

Today, we have about 10 cameras, 480p res. we want to add and replace some of them with HD cameras. Also, we need outdoor camera, with nightvision (not the best, B&W 'll be enough).

Also, we need some cameras with optical zoom.

We have already the cables (analog), so we don't want to replace them if possible.

Most important thing: We're watching most of the time with the smartphone, so good remote app is essential (for iphonw & andriod), better if you can acctualy move and zoom the camera with the app.

So, I need an advice for choosing the right products. Should I buy everything of one company, or select each product (cameras & DVR) by my need and price?

Also, I would like to know what you guys reccomened for me to buy.

Thanks

I've mentioned it quite a few times on other threads that if you are looking for a budget system, go for brands like Hikvision and Honeywell and if you want more features and have money to spend then opt for brands like Axis. You should invest in full HD IP cameras that will add more functionality to your overall setup. But considering that you want remote functionality, look for that in the cameras you pick. Perhaps a local installer will be of help in picking out the cameras and in completing the installation process. I'd suggest you to go with products from the same company.