chrisimmanuel

Connecting 8 IP Cams thru a POE Switch and Separate NVR

Hi Folks,

I have an installation case that i need to solve,

1. i need to install 8 IP Camera HIKVISION

2. We need to have two NVR on a separate room

3. first NVR will only show channel 1-4 and the second NVR will only show 1-8

my question is,

I want to use this scenario by using a separate POE switch (LINKSYS LGS116P - 8 POE port + 8 Gigabit Port) that send the data to two NVR's. So all cameras will go into the switch (POE port 1-8) and port 9 will go to the first NVR and port 10 will go to the second NVR. The NVR that i want to use is HIKVISION NVR DS-7604NI-E1 that only has 1 LAN port.

I am kinda new in this IP CCTV. would that solution work ? I know i cant have only just 1 NVR because i need to separate the channel into 2 monitors.

Warm Regards,

Why not use one NVR and setup two accounts that would allow cameras one through 4 to be viewed by one user and another account that allowed viewing the others. That way you could use a client software on a pc for recorded viewing as well as live. Rights to be granted on NVR.

I want to use this scenario by using a separate POE switch (LINKSYS LGS116P - 8 POE port + 8 Gigabit Port) that send the data to two NVR's. So all cameras will go into the switch (POE port 1-8) and port 9 will go to the first NVR and port 10 will go to the second NVR. The NVR that i want to use is HIKVISION NVR DS-7604NI-E1 that only has 1 LAN port.

That would work ok.