gojkog21

P2P connection IP camera

Hi,

Could anyone tell me how p2p server works? Does IP camera send continuously stream to server, or only when client connect to it?

Thanks!

Gojko

Hello. peer-to-peer (adjective) denoting or relating to computer networks in which each computer, or network device, can act as a server for the others, allowing shared access to files and peripherals without the need for a central server.

Hello. peer-to-peer (adjective) denoting or relating to computer networks in which each computer, or network device, can act as a server for the others, allowing shared access to files and peripherals without the need for a central server.

not really

P2P for DVR/cameras does use central server

not really

P2P for DVR/cameras does use central server

Then, I guess we can call it a hybrid P2P. In that case, what would happen to the DVR/camera access if the manufacturer stops hosting the central servers or simply goes out of business?

Then, I guess we can call it a hybrid P2P. In that case, what would happen to the DVR/camera access if the manufacturer stops hosting the central servers or simply goes out of business?[/quote]

Then you screwed

The same as any other DDNS providers going down for any reason

As I understand correctly, when I use p2p, server plays role only to connect my phone and IP camera??

I have mobile app, suggested by vendor. There I scan QR code using phone camera, but is there any solution to do the same on PC (Windows)??

As I understand correctly, when I use p2p, server plays role only to connect my phone and IP camera??

I have mobile app, suggested by vendor. There I scan QR code using phone camera, but is there any solution to do the same on PC (Windows)??

HIK IVMS 4200 will work using P2P